“A Pleasant Stay!”
Review of Holiday Inn Melaka

Holiday Inn Melaka
Ranked #9 of 168 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I have to say that Holiday Inn Melaka, honestly have shown me hospitality exist! The location is great, despite traffic at Littel India and Jonkers Street!. It still had access to local delicacies. Holiday Inn had been set up for Business and leisure seekers! The room had all the 5-star amenities and I booked a King Size bed. I made the booking via phone reservation where Fernando was helpful. The check-in was done by Ika, a person who believes in providing great customer service and being humble. Jun Hueh also has been professional!
One important note is that the lift floor tends to be wet due patronage of swimming pool. Need to ensure the floors are wiped off during peak hours!
Apart from that, it would be worthwhile to stay at Holiday Inn.
Looking forward to my second stay!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Jerry-goh1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write this excellent review.

We appreciate your kind words and we look forward to your next stay. I encourage you to visit our hotel website to enjoy great savings off your stay. While at the hotel, please indulge in our award winning Sirocco Italian Restaurant and Tea Tree Spa with special discounts and the Kids get to Stay and Eat for FREE.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is within walking distance to mahkota parade and dataran pahlawan. The staff are friendly and the room is clean .

Try to get higher floor so you are able to view the Melaka city from hotel. In Melaka, it is easy for you to get grabcar service !

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We look forward to your next visit in not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

My family and I stayed twice at this hotel (December 2016 and June 2017) which I booked through the IHG website. With high occupancy rates at this popular hotel, we were fortunate on both occasions, to obtain adjoining rooms with the doors in between.

Hotel location: With GPS, we arrived in the hotel, which provides free parking in the covered car park (just let the receptionist staff know your car license plate number). I chose Holiday inn because it is located along Malacca Straits and diagonally opposite Makhota Parade shopping mall and other adjoining shopping malls. There are 2 ways to reach Makhota Parade – the first is to walk to the left of the hotel, cross the traffic light of the road beneath the flyover and then walk along towards Makhota Parade (please be safe - don’t attempt to cross the wide road with vehicles travelling at high speeds to the shopping mall). The second way to Makhota Parade is – and I appreciate what Holiday inn has provided – take the complimentary hotel shuttle bus.
The hotel shuttle bus route is as follows: Palawan Shopping Centre (opposite Makhota Parade), a museum next to Christ Church and then back to hotel. As the shuttle bus can take at most 13 passengers, you have to book in advance at the concierge your departure time from the hotel and your pickup time from the destination. Like us, sometimes you may have to wait patiently at the pickup points due to heavy traffic, especially during the weekend.

Hotel staff: from the point of purchasing on IHG to the front desk check-in, the hotel staff have been helpful, friendly and welcoming. They even wrote to me telling me that they put my request for adjoining rooms on high priority!

Hotel room: Both rooms are really clean, well maintained, spacious, quiet and have great views of the jetty and the Malacca Straits beyond. Each comes with reading sofa, long dressing table, a round working table, big wardrobe with a safe, iron, ironing board and 2 pairs of slippers. In line with the Holiday Inn brand, the pillows are labelled “soft” and “firm” and everything in the bathroom is well-placed. The free wifi is pretty fast. The only difference is one room has 2 single beds while the other has a king-size bed. Moreover, the former has a shower but no bath tub while the latter (king-sized bed) has a bath tub.

Hotel restaurant: With Makhota Parade just across the road, we didn’t eat at the hotel restaurants. The only time that we did so was during breakfast. The breakfast buffet has a great spread of continental, Chinese, Indian and of course the local fare. I would recommend you go down before 9am especially during weekends.

Hotel pool: We like the large outdoor swimming pool. It is least crowded early morning and during the weekdays, where you could do plenty of laps.

Overall, we like our comfortable stay in this hotel, and we now always stay in this hotel whenever we come to Melaka.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank SQKrisflyer
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here before nearly a year ago. We loved the location. Not in right in the busy and bustling city centre, located by what was supposed to be the sea but had been reclaimed, but near enough to enjoy sea view if you get a room facing the sea. 2 minutes' walking distance to Mahkota Parade shopping centre and an easy walkable distance to many of Melaka's tourist attractions such as the Melaka river cruise, Maritime museum and Menara Taming Sari. Abundant eating places nearby. Some specialising in asam pedas, which is a sort of a mandatory dish to savour when you are in Melaka/Malacca. Back the hotel, its lobby is generously and impressively sized. Literally fast and efficient check-in and check-out. Ample on-site covered parking. 3 lifts with access card requirement for hotel guests. Our room was spacious, clean and modern with a view of the jetty (no longer in use) and the sea. The mattress and pillows were comfortable. Bathrobe and slippers (quite thin though) Bathroom was large enough with toiletries that include toothbrush and paste and a shower cubicle with really powerful rain shower, a most appreciated feature. We had breakfast and all meals at the hotel. While breakfast had greatly improved, the kitchen should try more to improve on other meals. Mushroom soup for example, which was on the menu 4 straight days, tasted so bland and more like cornflour mixture without any taste of mushroom. Overall, it was a great, relaxing stay for us. Convenient location, spacious and clean room, friendly and courteous staff.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Jerry-goh1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

Your comfort is our main priority and I truly appreciate your compliments about the hotel and the services provided by my team. Such feedback will only fuel us to strive and seek for improvement and deliver our promise of Great Hotel Guest Love. At Holiday Inn, we believe the joy of travel is for everyone.

For your next visit, please do not hesitate to log in to our website to enjoy great savings. Once at the hotel, please indulge in our award winning sirocco Italian Restaurant and Tea Tree Spa with special discounts and the Kids get to Stay and Eat for FREE.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

After more than a year of being away, it was with much delight that I managed to make time for a trip back to Melaka. I was thankful that Holiday Inn Melaka still had rooms available despite the tight timeline.

Was pleasantly surprised to see an old friend in Zariz who as usual made me feel like family. Appreciate his kindness in offering me a room on a higher floor as per my previous visits despite my IHG Platinum Elite Status being dowgraded. As much as I would have liked to, it was indeed tough to find time to stay in an IHG property when your company provides accommodation no matter where you flew for work.

The check in experience was professional and sincere as usual and I must applaud the maintenance of standards despite there being a change of GM in the past year. The previous GM ran a tight ship and I am glad that his successor has also kept the IHG spirit burning bright.

I was allocated a corner room and the view out to the Melaka Straits was spectacular as usual (ignoring the construction that never seemed to end of course). Room was well appointed and had the usual amenities well stocked and available. Carpet felt clean beneath bare feet and the bed was to the usual HI Melaka standards that I am so used to.

As I am writing this, I am beginning my first out of two nights at this property. I'm looking forward to my scrumptious breakfast tomorrow morning and another fine stay at the Holiday Inn Melaka!

Well done guys!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Freddy L

Dear Valued Guest,

Welcome back and thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We pride ourselves on welcoming everyone warmly, blending the familiar and the new, being affordable, and putting people truly at ease. A Holiday Inn hotel is a place of relaxation and conversation, whether you’re on the trip of a lifetime, a family vacation, or just business. There is always space for improvement, no matter how long you've been in the business. Whatever we’re doing, we remember one thing; we’re about ‘people, not just beds’. That’s how we make true hospitality available to everyone. I am very grateful for your feedback and for recognizing my team here at the hotel for the services rendered especially Mr. Zariz.

We look forward to welcoming you back in not too distant future.