The Majestic Malacca
US$ 49
US$ 60
US$ 58
Agoda.com
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
US$ 189
US$ 44
US$ 67
US$ 46
Agoda.com
Sunflower Hotel Malacca(Melaka)(Great Value!)
US$ 46
TripAdvisor
1,515 results
All reviewsspa villageytl hotelslychee teacolonial stylethe riveroriginal mansionytl groupmodern buildingopen bathroomcolonial feelfour poster bedjonker streetwalking tourclaw footturn down servicesmall poolkampung morten
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Lovely hotel in the center of the old town. Walking distance to China town and Little India. The pool is nice and our boys enjoyed the gym with all its up to date equipment. The rooms were beautiful and stylisch. We enjoyed particularly the design of the bathrooms. I have only given it a "Very good" as I was slightly disappointed by the hotel restaurant. The food was very good, but I had hoped to sample something local, yet all the food on offer was western. If you want to sample local food go to "Nancy's Kitchen", it's truly wonderful and inexpensive.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank chint
MajesticMalacca, General Manager at The Majestic Malacca, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted to know that your stay was pleasant. We have noted your comment and will look into the area for the betterment. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

What beautiful vintage hotel with less than 20 rooms on each floor.A gorgeous lobby and excellent service.
I was very impressed with how the room was decorated,and the room smell so fresh and nice.We had 2 rooms and its a connected room, one with a big super king size bed over looking the beautiful river.The other room was 2 king size beds.mins walk from hotel to the river.and it very romantic but there are a hospital next to the hotel, me,I am fine with that.
The next morning heading to breakfast.Looking fowards to not having typical buffet style but serve to the table as much as you can.thats cool. I have heard the slow service of the restaurant and so I have prepared extra time there but that was much worse than I expected!!!
When we arrived,a waitress took us to be table and order tea and coffee. The manager came to take our order with a very moody face.Because my friends are big eater and they wanted 2 sets of breakfast each makes a total of 6 sets .The manager told us to order 4 first and can order again later but in a very rude way,we all felt we were offended by him already.
we waited 25 minutes ,no food.Ask the waitress,she was very polite but not clear what to do.Remember its a 5 star hotel.OK. about a few minutes, 2 arrived. expected the other 2 would not be long..Me and my other girlfriend starts eating ,10 mins still no sign the other 2 . We thought ,we have booked an excursion and can't be late,so we order another 2 breakfast and hope that the by the time the other 2 breakfast finished ,the last 2 should be here.Another 10 mins
here we come 2 set of breakfast,guess what, that was the last 2 set we order and still no sign the 2 set that we were waited from the beginning.Eventually,we managed to quickly finished it all.
5 Star hotel with 2 star service.very disappointed. Bad experience.
I really do hope that they could improve there restaurant service to match its 5 star standard because its really is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Ms. Catherine,

Thank you for your feedback and comments. We have noted on them and will personally look into the areas you have mentioned for our continuous improvement. My sincere apologies for all of the inconveniences during your stay with us.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Beautiful and charming hotel located in the heart of town. Rooms are very nicely decorated, maintaining the Peranakan heritage. Rooms come with complimentary internet, however no wireless - something for the hotel to improve on. However wireless internet is available at the lobby and common areas. Service staff are absolutely amazing from front desk to wait staff at the breakfast room. Special compliments to Ivy from the front desk who made my re - checkin a breeze (I extended a night after a business stay).

Breakfast at the hotel is also a charming experience - you get to pick from a small buffet spread, but also will have the option to order from an a la carte menu, so many choices!

The hotel is also located right next to Chinatown, and just 15mins away from Jonker Street, an easy walk instead of taking a cab and risked being stuck in a jam to Jonker Street. Very convenient.

I will definitely be back again when I am next in Melaka!

Room Tip: Room 501 gives you a great view of the river, and it's a corner room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank MuffinEats
MajesticMalacca, General Manager at The Majestic Malacca, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Reviewed 13 July 2012

We were 2 couples from Singapore who had driven up to Malacca over the 7-8 July weekend.

The Good
1) enjoyed the vintage look of the hotel and room which included the four claw bathtub and nice soft beds.
2) enjoyed the breakfast, contrary to the bad experience cited in earlier reviews. Yes, it's not five star service (we also had to figure out by ourselves that we could order food items off a menu on the table) and yes, the breakfast is simple compared to other hotels with huge buffet spreads. However, I appreciated the quality of each dish. Loved the hash browns. :)
3) gave us complimentary late check out at 1.30 pm.

The Not-so-good
1) the location isn't great. While it's theoretically near Jonker and the main shopping area, traffic in Malacca is horrible on the weekends. So if you drive to Jonker or shopping area, it takes a significant amount of patience. If you walk, be prepared to sweat it out in a polluted town on streets not conducive to walking.
2) the service provided by recep was poor. My husband had accidentally left the privacy sign on when we left for Jonker on Day 1. This meant no turn down service which included a serving of the nonya kueh. I called reception to ask for the kueh and some water. She agreed to send them up. However, the bellboy sent up the water and no kueh. I had to call recep again to ask, only to be told now that it was not possible to provide us with kueh as they were perishable. This made no sense to me given that we had asked for the kueh past 11 pm and the card left by housekeeping had indicated that they had tried to enter our room at 8+ pm for turndown service.

I asked the recep girl (likely to be different from the night before) on day 2 ie 8 July in the morning around 10+ am to ask housekeeping to make up my room ie room 507. She agreed to do so, however, when I returned to my room at 12.30 pm, I was shocked to see that my room hadn't been made up as I had requested. Maybe it's not hotel policy to make up rooms on the day of departure? However no one had explained this to me when I had made the request. Poor communication skills exhibited by the recep girl on duty that day marred my experience.

To end off the experience, recep called us at 12.30 pm, asking why we had not checked our. We had to remind them that we had been given complimentary late check out till 1.30 pm. Maybe such information should be entered into the system or more clearly communicated amongst the staff.

Generally I would say, lovely hotel, nice ambience, ok to stay there, but for the price you pay there (Myr614.80 a night), it may not be worth it if you expect good service.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Youngauntysg

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. Noted on your comments and we will take the corrective measures for our further improvement. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Charming, lovely service! Beautifully decorated, amazing spa... The food was delicious, the staff well trained and gracious. It was a divine experience from start to finish!

Room Tip: Visited in Sept. 2009
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DWA2010
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted to know that your stay was pleasant. We look forward to welcoming you back again.