“Good Location, Room Dated, Food not great, still Good Value for Money though”

Hotel Equatorial Melaka
Ranked #14 of 168 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My hubby and I stayed here in March 2017 and really enjoyed our stay. We returned to stay in the Club Room in November and was a little disappointed: the toilet in the room didn't flush very well, the water from the tap was brown (with sediments) when I first turned it on (the water appears clear after that though) and the standard of food provided in the lounge seemed to have dropped.
Having said that, the hotel is located in a convenient location, we enjoyed free WiFi and watching the free movies. Overall it is still good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experiences on our hotel's facilities and services during your recent stay. I am pleased that your recent stay experience met with your satisfaction albeit the slight shortfall.

I sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory services delivered which were not reflective of our usual standards. I have immediately addressed your comments with the Department Heads concerned for immediate corrective actions.

I thank you again for your review and as mentioned, I take every guest’s feedback seriously with the intention of correcting and improving where we have fallen short.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

The room has a nice view of Malacca town, old buildings and houses.
The balcony is the best place to chill and good a photo view spot.
General room amenities was provided and the room comes together with bath tub.
Location is good, walking distance to most places; dine and shopping mall.
Will not hesitate to stay here again.
The hotel team was also very helpful and friendly; always wearing their smile especially the concierge/bellboy clan.
Thank you!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Our sincerest appreciation for your feedback during your recent stay and I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are indeed encourage by your comments.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights (28-30 Oct). Nice hotel and great staff. Kudos to the staff who made special arrangement to have 2 connecting rooms so that family can gather during the night. Well located to shopping malls and shops.
Many nice restaurants within walking distance. Will stay here again

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is well located but that aside, it's an old hotel and not well maintained. We booked 3 Executive rooms and found the carpets in the room dirty with a musty smell in 2 of the rooms. 1 of the rooms had no hot water and we had to switch rooms after unpacking all our stuff late in the night. 1 room had brown water flowing from the tap. In the morning we were woken up by blaring announcement from the pa system at the school next door. All in not be very good stay for the really high price we paid. Much better cheaper and newer hotels nearby such as Novotel or Hilton double tree. Won't be returning till they upgrade. Staff were good though.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I have taken a serious view with regards to your experiences at our hotel and I sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory services delivered which were not reflective of our usual standards. I would also be grateful if you could write to me at rahman@mel.equatorial.com to share with me further on your experiences.

We truly value your patronage and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I have stayed few times at this hotel and my favorites hotel when I when to Malacca. Their staff is very professional and polite. Good service and when I told them I'm coming for special occasion they will try to accommodate their best services. Thumbs up and highly recommended

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Our sincerest appreciation for your feedback during your recent stay and I am glad that you have enjoyed your visit and we are thrilled to have you staying with us again.

We are indeed encourage by your comments.