Hatten Hotel Melaka
Fenix Inn(Melaka)
MS Hotel(Melaka)
    • Restaurant
    2,610 results
    All reviewsalto sky loungejunior suitejonker streetshopping mallpremier loungelcd tvsmahkota paradeswimming poolrooftop barwalking distancebreakfast spreadliving areaconvenient locationspacious roomlong queueparking tickethotel guests
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 3 July 2012

Just came back from a relaxing stay at the Hatten during its soft launch.

Front desk staff were indeed friendly and helpful. We reached the hotel before 11 am and was told our rooms would be ready at 3 pm. So we went for lunch and shopped around the hotel's shopping malls. Our rooms were ready when we went back at 2 pm.

Rooms were new and nice and the king size bed was very comfortable. However, the cups in the rooms were not very clean, overlooked perhaps due to a huge group booking the night before?

There is a partition to separate the lounge area at the entrance from the bedroom. There are two TVs, one in the lounge area and the other one on the wall infront of the bed. TV channels include local channels, Singapore channel 5 and 8 and channel news asia as well as vision four, etc but no HBO and Star Movies. No wifi in the room but internet connection via cable is free. Wifi is free at the hotel lobby and restaurant. Need to get a code from the front desk though.

Breakfast was awesome. The swimming pool was open on the day we depart. If you drive, don't use touch and go. Get a ticket and parking is free where the hotel will validate your ticket upon check out.

Hotel location is good connecting Hatten Square to Mahkota Parade and Dataran Phalawan Melaka Megamall. Historic sites are just a short walk away. Overall, we had a pleasant stay and are considering another visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
    Reviewed 1 July 2012

Hotel located within the shopping center and very easy to walk around to the old building and museums, room is clean enough, spacious, modern facility and nice view, Good breakfast with multi choice,

That would be good if they can maintain their front desk service include Receptionist and Concierge, as most of time i did not see any staff on duty, very disappoint that swimming pool was under construction.

Anyway that good for the price and location.

Room Tip: Request room at the back side with sea view.
    • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
    2  Thank DaraUng
    Reviewed 29 June 2012

As stated by many about the check-in process, we had waited a while maybe 10mins or so. We had reached early so our room will only be ready about 4 pm or so. We went to Jonker Street, as usual doing the tourist thing. One part to avoid, don't visit the Chicken Rice shop in front of Jonker street, we are deceived by the long queue! The food was rather bland.... And also avoid the Durian Chendol next to it. We also visited the Christ Church, A'famosa. After the whole of walking of the Jonker street (Yes! Shopping!).

After we went back to the hotel... Room was fantastic! Comfortable bed and clean room. TV channels wasn't an issue to me as I had my own videos on my mobile ;) Later we hop over to the mall opposite to have dinner and catch a midnight movie. Breakfast was a wonderful variety! As I am usually a small eater, I ate a lot that morning! Staff were attentive and offer us an umbrella when it was raining while we were going out. My room overlook the swimming pool and it was so beautiful! Too bad, it only opens in July.... ;( Overall, had a great stay! ;D

Oh in Malacca, there is one cake you must try is the 20-layer crepe cake at Makota Parade Mall!!!! It was wonderful & yummy!!!!!! - http://www.nadege-patisserie.com/

One little displease: As we had requested for a late check-out, and sensor card wasn't working for us to get to our floor and there is only 2 counters which are also the check-in counters, so we had to wait a while, it would be better to have a additional counter for the hotel guest so the staying hotel guest wouldn't have to wait. =|

Room Tip: Get a higher room! To have a nice view of the city!
    • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank toyjoy
    Reviewed 23 June 2012

This is the first time to this new hotel and originally when I check-in, I thought this is a marvellous hotel as they welcome you with a smiling face. I am also impressed on the food & beverage as their quality is above expectation.

Unfortunately, the nightmare came when I encounter issue with the hotel exit. I tried to seek help from the front desk, guess what, I have to run up & down from hotel lobby to the parking bay for three times and problem not resolved. I felt that I am like a fool to them and the worst thing is they gave me their sore look and like I owe them one million ringgit. Hey, I am the hotel guest and I am paying for the service. I guess their pay must be very low, pay peanut will get monkey. Next trip to Malacca, I'll rather pay more for the better service from Hotel Holiday Inn or Hotel Equatorial.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
    6  Thank innocent_74
    Reviewed 21 June 2012

Pros :
    1. Good breakfast, lots of varieties
    2. Fantastic location, connected to shopping malls & walking distances to many dining places
    3. Room & bathroom size is decent
    4. Very reasonable price as they are having opening promotion

Cons :
    1. Still need improvement on the cleanness of the room
    2. No facilities as they are not ready

Tips: there's a Nyonya restaurant nearby, about 5 minutes walking from the hotel. They serve very nice good, it's called Makro

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family