All reviewslittle indiaoutdoor jacuzzijonker streetcapitol satayfamily roomsatay celupnice showerwithin walking distancespacious roomplus pointnight stayearly checkpleasant stayshort tripnasi lemaktourist attractionsnight market
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

It's locally centrally to all the places of interest.. Got mini marts around.. Food shops nearby too.. Very clean and perfect for family to stay with small kids.. We enjoyed the stay so much and no flaws!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

The room was clean but the highlight was the jacuzzi in the bathroom. It was just right for relaxing after a day out walking and was just the thing to prep for a good night’s sleep, after being warmed by the gentle massage of spraying water.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Check in for one night stay for family room with jacuzzi for the family short getaway holiday.

First room
- toilet flush malfunction
- floor carpet wet due to the jacuzzi leaking ( the staff inform they knew the problem when changing room , still they still offer the room for us ) damn unprofessional is not that they do not have others room.

Second room
- on the mist of showering with my son in the jacuzzi suddenly heard “pop” sound of short circuit . I was damn worried both of me and my son will be electrocuted however fortunately I still able to write the review . The unfortunately thing is both air conditioning and the jacuzzi is out of service . Guess what , no more jacuzzi for us. Room replacement again .

Due to no more family room their purpose an option for me. Can I offered you a queen size room for you family ( I think the receptionist is lack of common sense , she offered queen size bedroom for 2 adult and 1 children . If I want to be cramp like that why I go booked the family room ) after Neoh with them only they want to offer the link room for us ( 1 queen and 1 twin single) due to my son already hungry I left immediate after room changing.

Room 3 & room 4
- guess what after we come back to the hotel , one of the bathroom shower not working , I need to move all the thing to others room for bath . Damn irritating and tiring.
- my son is crying like hell due to he unable to play in the jacuzzi .It really not my day , my holiday mood has been ruined.

I dunno how the hell this hotel get 4 star
-crappy service by reception ( untrained personnel)
-unreasonable high breakdown of utilities ( even knowing changing room still they did not perform checking before let us stay)
- most importantly safety of stay , I believe 1 time of changing room due to facilities breakdown is acceptable , second time is bad luck however for third time the room still breakdown I called “NO MAINTENANCE AT ALL" . You dunno what will happen to you because of the equipment / facilities failure .

Please totally avoid this hotel , there are plenty around Melaka . Don’t even think this hotel ,what written in the website when come it might all broken down.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Chong K
Reviewed 3 October 2017

The staff were generally helpful and tried to make our stay comfortable. However, we had a problem making card payment for our stay when we arrived in the early hours. This embarrassing situation was only resolved with a payment by American Express. The breakfast was mainly aimed at local tastes rather than European but there was enough choice to get by. There were rather too many flies about, a local hazard obviously, but not enough effort made to cover the food. The room decor and fittings were a little tired but were clean. Overall a good budget hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I disagree on this hotel. I quite liked the room and found the bed very comfortable. She felt is was not very clean and old.

I’m always suspicious of the cleanliness of any hotel room and didn’t consider this one to be any less clean that others I have stayed in. Like I said the bed was comfortable and the linen clean. The shower is nice although the shower controls require Mensa membership to comprehend.

The building itself is quite grand although the interior belies any relationship with the colonial past.

Getting around from the hotel is easy with quick access to all of Malacca’s tourist attractions. Naturally you have to brave the traffic, but drivers are generally considerate of pedestrians.

The breakfast is reasonably priced, but perhaps not of a high quality. It is definitely easier than finding somewhere else nearby.

All of the staff were friendly and helpful and I felt they were interested in ensuring that our stay was comfortable.

I can’t say that I felt the hotel offered great value for money, but then I recall pouring over the options for accomodation and coming back to this one. The photographs, naturally show the hotel to its best vantage, but the grand facade is just that. Were I visiting Malacca again I probably would stay somewhere else, but I would definitely consider The Sterling again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family