All reviews double room no elevator view of the river location is great shower luggage
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This is a hostel situated on the third floor of an empty office block with entry to the hostel being a non-descript glass door. You gain entry via the buzzer to the door. There are door frames on entering the hostel but no doors in them.

I had originally booked a single room but was upgraded to a double room overlooking the river. The room was clean and a fan was provided. I was the only female present in the hostel at the time of stay and didn't entirely feel safe (lock on door did not appear to be the strongest, not helped by a knock on my door at 0030).

Staff were not greatly visible, for example the member of staff, apparently on duty on day of check out at 11am, was sleeping in the dormitory. He admitted to having forgotten I was staying and was due to leave today for which he apologised.

Wouldn't recommend for single female travelers.

Room Tip: If you do have to stay, go for a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I loved this place, have stayed twice, the second time over a month. It's on the edge of china town and my single room had a view of the river. The room itself had a (comfortable) bed, two electric sockets, light and fan (and window). There were two toilet showers in the hall (clean, with hot water) and another two in the common room. That was sufficient and I never waited to use them.

The common room is large, has a computer for free usage. If you ask nicely and don't want too many, prints are also free. The wifi is free. Breakfast is butter, jam and toast, in practice, this means that there are always either one or two large loaves or condiments on the table and you can make a bit of toast whenever you want (for free). There are also full cooking facilities for free, with pans, gas etc. all for free. Just go to Giant supermarket and get whatever you want.

The water from the water cooler is free (bottled water is very expensive in Malaysia, so this saves a LOT of money overtime) and the same water cooler can boil water, and there is always free tea and coffee on the table.

There's a sofa in front of a TV you can watch, with English channels. There's another sofa near the window with a view of the river. There's also a type of wooden bed in the common room you can kind of lounge on. The books people have left are lined up by the wall so you can read something.

The two guys who run it couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. I felt completely relaxed and at home and am missing the place as I sit and write this. Forget anywhere else in Malacca, this place ROCKS, book it now!!!

Room Tip: They're all good!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank lifemagic
Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

I booked for a double room because of the view and Ahmed gave me the room with the best view! Floor to ceiling windows, superb river view and very windy. I woke up with an awesome view of sunrise and at the carpark below, i saw a man feeding numerous doves! Its so relaxing. I went here alone for my "Eat Pray Love" moment and it was a good decision I chose to stay at L'Armada. Very clean rooms, toilets and baths. Very quiet and relaxed atmosphere. Walking distance from Melaka landmarks. I will definitely recommend to my friends. :)

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Free coffee and tea all day. Tremendously fast internet. Beautiful common room. VERY REASONABLE PRICES. Amazing place. You should come here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I went to Melaka last year. As a budget traveler I choose L'armada because it has lowest rate than any other guesthouse. So I came there with low expectation. It's located on 4th floor with no elevator, but the room is so clean and tidy. The owner are so helpful. Overall I really enjoy my stay in L'armada.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple