All reviews swimming pool mango trees a small boutique hotel tropical setting small shops and restaurants bar and dining area palolem beach till late evening an oasis of calm peaceful hotel minute walk surrounded by trees care taker room cleaned week stay spent nights cleaned daily
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the lovely Oceanic Hotel for 8 days. The hotel is peaceful and set in a beautiful tree filled location - and walking distance to two beaches.

The rooms are clean and relaxing. We spent a lot of time sitting outside our room watching the rain. The resturant area was warm and cosy with a sweet little bookshelf from which we could borrow books.

But really the best part of our stay was Urmila and her team at Oceanic. Kind, helpful and accomodating they were happy to help us with everything we needed and always had time to chat with us - giving us the feeling of being at home. I left feeling that I had made a good friend!

I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2018

We put up in this property for four nights , and Its hard not to think about the place even after 3 days of checking out, having said that this is not a by the beach or near beach stay

The place had might not mesmerize your at the onset , but will definitely sink in and so will the experience of staying here.

So we happened to be here on 4th week of june , and were welcomed by relatively emptiness at the place . Very soon we realized that the apparent emptiness is actually a good thing to have in your stride as we had the entire pool for us .

What I found the most enchanting about the place was the multi layered structure of the house , due to the terrain of the region .
While steeping in , one doesn't realizes that the expanse of the property , and I bet that one cant guess that there is a pool, nested on the top of the place . I t was like the more up you go, more you see of the place .

The pool is very well maintained

Morning breakfast was fine , overall service was good and then you had Urmila as the best host manager you can have .

Not only she is prompt , but also is subject matter on everything in that part of the world .
Overall it was fantastic to say the least (and I wish this property had been more close to Palolem beach ) . However, few tinkering with room connectivity to reception, more option for sitting area and other small things can always be bettered Or perhaps I should own up that I planned a visit in June, to South Goa :) .

Will highly recommend a stay here for more than 3 nights at least.

Happy Goa to you !

Room tip: Room no. 5
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Its a small boutique hotel with wifi, pool and a vegetarian retsuarant. We paid 2000rs per day without breakfast for our stay in May 2018. The rooms are spacious, clean. The staff is very helpful. The french fries they make in the evening are to die for. A reataurant called Bombay Coffee Roasters is nearby which offers superb coffee and mocktails/cocktails. All in all, i couldnt have found a better place to stay.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We stayed 4 nights . Location good , you can walk to Palolem and Patnem in 15 minutes, both have great beaches , shops , dining options. We had some problem with the first room we stayed in , not up to the standard I expect . We were moved to a much nicer , larger room . The hotel is in need of some care and is shabby in parts but it has some charm and quirkiness that we liked. Breakfast was average , the bar and dining area lacked atmosphere . Staff were helpful and rooms were clean . The pool area could be nicer but the pool itself was a pleasure to swim in.

Room tip: Choose a room on first floor
Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ErmineLincsEngland
Reviewed 9 March 2018

I went to this place thinking to have a good time. The waiter changed my table twice based on who was arriving. At the third time, he wanted to settle in the bar so that I leave the table I occupied. The customers who had to have my table and myself did not accept this very rude way of behaving and I told the waiter. Then I ordered a soda water that cost 30 rps on the menu and 40 when I have to paid ?? !!! Finally I must not forget to say that I waited 1 hour and I asked three times before being served. The waitress and the waiter / photographer (the waiter / photographer served and at the same time took pictures with a beautiful camera) were clearly not available and not at all professional to take care of the guests. I strongly advise against !!!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Nasséra i
Oceanic G, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Mam
Thank you for your review, it helps us to do better service for our guests. We hope you come back soon It was so great to have you and we would do even better next time!
Best Regards. Oceanic Hotel