All reviewson the rocksfruit saladorganic vegetarian foodother guestshis teamyoga holidaysecluded locationremote beachwonderful atmosphererelaxing dayslittle piece of paradisegreat companywonderful weekheaven on earththree weekssound of the wavesoutside world
Reviewed 31 December 2015

Friendly staff, excellent food, basic but very clean huts, they cleanded the huts every day.
Staff always tries to make the guests happy - everything is possible.
Pardeshis and Nadias yoga classes are very good - you can join them if you want - it's all included.

Room Tip: beach front cabins
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2015

A late review - I went there in Dec 2014. It was a beautiful beach location. Paradise. Glorious beach and sunset. Food was all veg which i wondered about before I arrived but I really enjoyed. Airport pickup and drop off worked well. I enjoyed the class even though I was a little out of practice. People there were nice. Accommodation was perfect. So peaceful. Id love to go again.

Room Tip: All the same!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2015

I have never been to a yoga studio, let alone a yoga resort. I have not done a single yoga position, at least not knowingly, in my life. Put it this way, when I told my friends and family I had spent three days at a yoga resort, they expressed concern for my well-bring, mental in particular, not because they had any negative views toward yoga they just never imagined I would try it. But it was just what I needed, a decompression after many stressful months of work. I knew it. I was working in Hyderabad for two weeks, and saw a window to get away. I had heard of Goa, alot, and started to research. i knew I didn't want to be be at a western style hotel, and I definitely didn't want to partake in the rave scene(been there done that, a looonnnngggg time ago). I stumbled across Little Cove here at TA and after reading near unanimously favourable reviews, I decided this was IT. I emailed the man I later learned to be Pardeshi, asking for accommodations the last two days of October and the first day of November. He said he could give me the first two, but November was fully booked. I was devastated. I knew this was the place, and rejection, of course, made me want it more. In any case, I moped around for three days, even considered not going to Goa at all(ok just for a minute-not going with such close proximity would have been stupid), dragged my feet on booking a spot, and then tried again. To my good fortune there was a cancellation and he was able to accommodate me. This could go on and on, but I am not sure I can add much to the glowing reviews of there place. Actually I could, especially for people who can be skeptical about yoga, and the surrounding pseudo-spiritual stuff some can try to jam into the experience(none of which was present here-Pardeshi was so cool, so not-in-your-face, so there-when-you-needed-him, just the perfect instructor and host), but I won't. I was just prompted to write because the review by anamari may leave the wrong impression. Factually certainly it is wrong - there were places to eat and drink, literally a five minute walk over a hill that formed the south curve of the cove - with a great beach to boot. So if you wanted a cold beer, and an endless beach with no picturesque black rocks to stub your delicate footsies on, it was right there. Too bad about the driver who wouldn't take you all the way. the fact is that difficulty in getting there totally sealed the resort's authenticity and secluded appeal. Having said that, each of my non-resort supplied drivers tried that trick and a firm insistence to go all the way got me there to the entrance every time. I feel bad that anamari did not enjoy herself, but it clearly is not what she expected, having presumably not read the reviews here, because every detailed review would have prepared her for everything she complained about. Sure there were bugs, but not many, and easily tolerable. Sure there were rocks sprinkled around the cove, but easily avoided, with two nice rock free parts to frolic in, if you didn't want to walk to the long beach. And the yoga was just fine for me. Strenuous yes, but a great introduction, a solid hour and a half every morning, which I wish I could do here everyday. Great fitness, very calming, and expertly instructed by a very skilled teacher and human being. I would go back in a heartbeat. I envy Europeans who can get there the same day. BTW the other guests were great company, an eclectic mixe from mostly all over Europe, mostly young(I felt a bit creaky among them), and all on the same wavelength. Sorry it didn't work for you anamari, but it is too good a place which so many could enjoy, to leave your comments unanswered. No better place in the world to sit on a beach after a great workout, eat a fresh plate of fruit, drink tea, and read Paul Theroux. All the best Pardeshi!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank gburger2015
YogaSchoolGoa, Yoga instructor at Little Cove Yoga Holiday Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2015

Dear, Paul
Many thanks for taking to post your beauty full thoughts for great knowledge of Guru shree mharushi Patanjali which is we are trying to spread this knowledge in this universal any way sir any way sir about Anamari post her review maybe we made any mistake but we do feel apologies any way sir every mistake make man perfect and existence give us great opportunity to protect little cola beach which is still unspoiled beach and little cove all visitor to serve them proper service,

Many thanks Pardeshi,

Reviewed 9 December 2015

The people are so lovely I want to write a good review, but can't. I searched websites for a yoga holiday and even allowing for the 'Marigold Hotel factor', Little Cove fell well short of my expectations. It certainly is a beautiful location, the food amazing and suitable for western palate, the people delightful and incredibly hospitable. If you want somewhere remote and to do nothing, this may fit the bill. However, if you are after a yoga holiday, I can't recommend it. When I was there one couple left early, another couple were glad they only had a short stay.

Yoga: Pardeshi is amazing but the class is too fast, you cannot get good alignment. Some is too simple, some is too strenuous. Only recommend for those at the level where you can do free headstands. Not suitable for beginners, intermediate or out of practice.

Location: isolated. If you want to do anything you will need a taxi. If there were restaurants, cafe's etc within walking distance, as advertised, I didn't find them. Some taxi's will leave you at the top of the road because they don't want to damage their car on the dirt road, meaning a walk back in the heat.

Beach: under that serene water is very rocky. There is not much water above the rocks - you can get wet at the cost of stubbed toes and shins, but it is not a swim beach.

Accommodation: rustic. If you are used to back packing, likely you would be happy. The bedroom is clean and comfortable but the bathroom is basic. Flushing toilet, but the shower is in the middle of the room so water goes everywhere.

Meditation on the rocks: involves a moderate to difficult walk (depending on hiking skill) along rocks to get there, and the same journey in dim conditions to return. Wear walking shoes.

Bugs: Entymologist heaven. DEET and mosquito nets only go so far. Not suitable if you can't handle bugs. Tip - leave the net down during the day it limits them getting underneath.

Sea at night: incredibly loud - think thunderstorm without the rain. Further away from the water may have been quieter but no huts were available when I was there. In fairness others found the sound relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for a hut farther from the water - they likely will be quieter at night. All have a good view of the sea.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
10  Thank Anna00367
YogaSchoolGoa, Manager at Little Cove Yoga Holiday Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2015

Dear Anamari,

Thank your feedback and sorry to hear you did not enjoy the Little Cove paradise. In re to your points we would like to kindly reply to them.

Yoga: Pardeshi classes are designed for both beginners and advanced practitioners as there are plenty of variations given. We always remind people to listen to our body and not go too far. Also, we advice a minimum of 3 night stay so that you can deepening your practice and understand it deeply, externally but mostly internally as Yoga is mainly an internal practice. Unfortunately you have not been long enough to our resort to consider this aspect and to learn Pardeshi classes infact you have only attended 2 of Pardeshi's classes.

Location: yes you are right, it is isolated! It's actually quite remote and this is why is so relaxing and peaceful and a perfect get away from the western busy life style.

Beach: Yes it is rocky and wild - it is written on the website and there are plenty of pictures that show the beautiful rocks. There is also plenty of space to swim fearlessly.

Accommodation: rustic and very comfortable! Mattress are all foam and new.

Meditation on the rocks: we walk and reach a beautiful spot on the rocks at sunset....yes it involves walking on the rocks a bit :)

Bugs: We recommend to bring some spray however there are almost no mosquito at Little Cove and we offer mosquito net on the beds.

Sea at night: that's nature! We cannot ask the sea to have less noisy waves :-) majority of people actually enjoy it and personally it puts me to sleep very nicely (Nadia).

Wishing you a peaceful day Annamari.

Best
Little Cove Team

Reviewed 27 November 2015

Had a wonderful and relaxing 10 day stay at little cove and learned a great deal about yoga.
pardeshi's morning yoga was excellent he explained the different poses and pranayama’s. Nadia evening sessions was brilliant way to wind down I learned a great deal from each teacher who were both brilliant .
The staff are all extremely caring and kind and made me feel very welcome I would highly recommend
I hope to return one day
sarah