“Pleasant stay”
Review of Hi-Tide CocoHuts

Hi-Tide CocoHuts
Ranked #76 of 146 Speciality Lodging in Canacona
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Palolem is a must see beach if you are in Goa. It is a welcome change from the hellhole that is Calungate, Baga or Candolim.

Hi -Tide Cocohuts are very basic but they are clean and do exactly what they say. Clean, safe and reasonable. My only bugbear is the entertainment they put on on Sunday and Tuesday evenings. I don't want a hackneyed singer thank you very much a I come for the quiet and the beauty.

Having said that am going again this weekend with some friends wh like me are stuck in Calungate volunteering, but will avoid the restaurant on sunday evening!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LincolnBest
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

It is a very excellent place. i was here in March, 2010 and stayed there for 10 days with my friend. It was amazing- a basic hut but everything is so close and a very peaceful place. First the environment is good. Just on the beach and you can see nice waves from the verandah of Ur hut. many huts almost make a semi-circular shape and there are palm trees on the front garden and a nice restaurant.

I hardly stayed inside the hut. I used to go to restaurant and stay there for whole day wit my laptop. I did not use laptop all the time but watching sea sometimes, talking with restaurant staff and owner, go and swim, come back and eat porridge and Mousli(I am not sure about the spelling, something similar but superior of corn flex :)). Whole day, with nice breeze, my friend and i talked with people around and became friends and enjoyed the time.

I am from Nepal and I found that the owner of the hut is a Nepali from Kathmandu. Many workers there were from Nepal. They shared their experiences. How they were compelled to leave the country and come here in search of job.

They told me about Nepal's Maoist problems and political bickering back in home and whatever they understood of it and its impact on common man. talking with them on Nepali, knowing them better and listening to Nepalese music here and then, made my stay very good. They were kind, honest, hardworking and supportive.

I also heard from the how Goa Police troubles them time and again. These guys will be off from Goa on monsoon and come back in September. I was in March there and they already had ticket of April. Some people were going home back in Nepal, and some of them were heading to laddakh. I knew from Owner Sundar that in summer/moonsoon, he runs a restaurant in Laddakh in Himachal Pradesh and these all people work there and in winter, they come back to goa.

Overall, an excellent place to stay. Lovely place and people and pitiable story with each of them. Like I, from Nepal who can afford some sort of holiday, felt very sad when I had to hear their story and story of hope in the future. They were kind till the last date and helped at all times.

Little more, on the way to High Tide , you will see German Bakery. That is run by brother of owner of Hi-tide(Owner of High Tide comes from Lalitpur Nepal - a town in Kathmandu and a very soft spoken guy). There also, excellent food and excellent service. Mainly Nepali workers and one of the boy (sadly, I forgot his name who came from Sindhupalchowk Nepal - 40 kms from capital Kathmandu) had a very bright face but sad story. He recalled how difficult times will be when he goes to laddakh and there is no alternative. He had to stop his education at class 12 and came there to work.

Talking with them and listening to them, it was easy to pass time. And in 2010 March, there were all sorts of people in High Tide. I could see college studying teens with friends and enjoying there, many foreigners, young, old, grannies etc. So, it is the place for all kind of people.
Please go there and stay and eat in Hi Tide and German bakery.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RDDE2012
Reviewed 8 July 2011

This was our second trip to stay at the Hi Tide, we also stayed in March 2010.
The location right on the beach is stunning , we initially arranged to stay for 2 nights but got so chilled out we stayed for another ........it was bliss
The huts in all honesty are very basic, but who cares when you are on one of the most stunning beaches ever?
The staff are so friendly and the food is lovely, also very reasonably priced.The honey chicken is georgeous.
There are quite a few sun loungers and parasols there too , great for long days on the beach.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shirleyVManchester
Reviewed 14 April 2011

I travel to Goa every year and always take time to stay at the Hi-Tide in Palolem, South Goa. I have been visiting here for the last 10 year. The staff are brilliant especially my old friend Raz. Uday the owner is also very nice and the rest of the staff are lovely. Food is excellent and you cannot stay at a more beuatiful, peaceful location. The Coco Huts are basic but have shower, bed and toilet. They are very reasonably priced as well. Sunset is spectacular her. Same beach where the Bounty advert was once made. Also Matt Damon has ran along this beach in the Bourne Supremacy. Most of the staff are Nepalese - very nice people. Restaurant/bar is on your doorstep so not far to travel to bad after one too many honey Bee's. Booked for Feb 2012 and will be back staying at the Hi-Tede.

Room Tip: Great location - paradise
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HelenDPerth
Reviewed 28 December 2010

I am Nalini from Holland, the Netherlands.
My roots are Indian but get adopted. For the first time, i went back to my home-country.

After a very fysical and emotional trip to Rajastan, and Mumbai, where i was born....i finally came to rest in paradise...that was Palolem beach south, Goa.
And also i met this man, named Sundar, from Nepal.
He was running together anoher man, named Uday, the restaurant/bar, Hi-Tide.
It was love on first sight, he was so calm, so wise.....He took care for his family.

But...I had to get back to Holland, we stayed for a while in contact, but i lost him, and it is my bigg wish to find him again.
Maybe, i hope with all my heart, that somebody knows him or maybe....
For me, Hi-Tide, was and stay's for ever in my heart. Good service from everybody and very good food.
Thank you.....with love...Nalini..