“Thought id add seeing as im new to tripadvisor”

Paradise Village Beach Resort
Ranked #50 of 119 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 weeks in November 2008 and loved it!! It was so hot it was unbelievable but with a freezin cold pool it was the best thing to jump into! Dont be alRmed when you drive into the road towards the hotel of the little corregated shed with a cardboard cutout saying hotel on it thAnkfully this isnt the plAce although i nearly had a heart attack when we pulled up outside it. The location is on a side street and your greeted with huge gates and what look like villas which look amazin. To the right is the reception and were greeted by Basil and i thought oh no Faulty Towers but i was wrong. The rooms were very basic but what more do you need? I had geckos in my room and balcony but didnt bother me one bit. The pool area is like a lagoon with a huge waterfall over rocks but be warned its extremely cold!! To the rear of the pool area they were building the beach huts and if you carry on there is a restaurant and a spa/massage place. Ladies can get indian head massage, manicure, pedicure, full body massage for next to nothing!! If you carry on past this thentou are on the walkway to the beach! Look the left for the big ship thats been beached for years! Also on the hotel is a bar at the top of some steps next to the reception that have fab deals on home beers and not just the local stuff. Owned by two guys from Manchester. Youll be looked after and also have a sing on the karaoke! Thrre is a shop over the road from the hotel and always tun tuks waiting to take you out. I had the same taxi guy for 2 weeks he was fab. Turn left from the hotel and you will come into calangute and you will find shops and travel places for trips. The best deals are a atellow and blue place owned by english people go to the spice plantation its brill and also the boat trip to see dolphins and the market also a fab trip to go on. Visit After Seven restaurant food is to die for but a taxi ride away and also Little Italy also. Things may have changed since i went but you will love it. Keep an open mind youll be surprised as i was. Visit BAga too. You can walk from the beach to baga where theres lots of water sports remember to haggle everywhere! Kh and get your dentistry or glasses done over there super clean places with prices about a 3rd of what we pay here! Youll never spend your money!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Dimps85

Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is my second stay here so I knew what I was coming to. We stayed 6 nights and our room was comfortable and. Lean with lots of hot water a a huge balcony. We enjoyed the good and delicious breakfast every morning and swimming in the nice pool. We rented scooters across the road. We were on the beach and we had an Ayurvedic massage in the spa just wonderful. For kiwi 50 bucks a night it was awesome value. Don't expect 5 star and don't. E too precious about anything and you will love it. We are two mums ages 40 and 50 and we enjoyed it very much. Staff were helpful so I would stay a third time. First time was 2008 and not much has changed since then. Came for dentistry with the Professor of Dentistry in Goa Dr Aquaviva Fernandes now he I recommend. I had two new crowns and the best bleaching money can buy, there are 3 alternatives so different qualities to choose from. All up cost was usd538 so the trip was worth it because my kiwi dentist told me I needed implants which if I had here would have cost usd1500 for two. I have two new crowns for my two front teeth and they are perfect. Paid for my trip thanks very much and a quick job too!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank wavesinekas
Reviewed 5 July 2012

first impressions of the resort gets all checkmarks in my boxes.Paisa vasool.this was my second stay in the hotel in 2 years and the place already feels like home :).the staff are very friendly and forthcoming.the main reason to stay here is that the beach is right next to the hotel and even the market place ,cafes ,eating joints etc is all easily accessible.the rooms have everything to make the stay as laidback as possible.Also the resort has a decent swimming pool and for the kids a play area. only disappointment is the indoor games.Also the hotels has many theme based parties.all in all the resort makes goa a better place :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This hotel is a steal for the price it is sold for!!! It's ideal location with access to the beach makes it my fav place in calangute. Amazing food and very very friendly staff who always go out of their way to help us foreigners feel like we are at home. Even the menu has been translated in russian for us. I practically live in India now since many years and love to be in calangute in the hot steamy weather and take a dip in the paradise pool or indulge in the boat bar they have got here. It is a little peace of heaven only 2 mins away from Baga Beach! It is THE place to be if you want to be where the party is at! The suites with a living room is so affordable it's crazy! room and living room is huge compared to even the Marriot! everything is very clean and tidy! finger licking delice' food and very reasonably priced drinks ;) !!! The cute little beach shacks are a beauty if u want to be out there baking in the sun. Value for money and great sightseeing trips around goa and lots and lots of activities to explore Goa! The hotel also has great free entertainment for guests such as Karaoke, Dj and Dancers! It is the best place to relax and rejuvenate without making a hole in your pocket!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Svetlanalovesbeach
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Horrible, never ever again

We have booked 3 Studio room through one booking agent,
Our booking agent show us web site photos of the Rooms but when we reach to the Hotel it was so horrible.

Room size just like one bathroom, there was so many insect on the bed. AC was not working properly or was broken .

We arrived at hotel on 4 PM and we got our rooms key on 5 pm as Check out time was 12.00 PM

How ever we manage and gone for Dinner , Dinner was just ok after dinner we gone to the room and after entered the we show that cockroach and other insect was sleeping on the bed.

Water of swimming pool was also very horrific.
Beach is near from the hotel but there were no any people on beach other then of hotel.

We immediately check out from the hotel on 11.00 pm to another Hotel.

It was Horrible experience of Hotel Paradise beach resort