“Value for money”

Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort
Ranked #19 of 124 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The best thing for this resort, it is centrally located between Calangute and Baga beach. It is quite a big and beautiful resort above average category. The food is good and better than outsider Shacks. If you want to have candle light dinner, ask hotel staff, they arrange it on the beach side or you just move to right on the beach and walk to Xavier Shacks cafe or bit ahead to Britto's beach cafe at Baga. The hotel staff is friendly, we had celebrated our marriage anniversary and they had upgraded our superior room to luxury one, receptionist is very helpful. Overall it is 4 star out of 5. We will come back definitely.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Mukul_Soni

Reviewed 7 March 2012

This was my first visit and a holiday of a lot heard of GOA. The hotel we found was very comfortable, the location and the beach is real good. Food at the restaurant was also good and to our taste. Staff was friendly, painstaking. The owner of the Hotel went around and spoke tpo many guests asking if there was anything we have oberseved thats needs improvement. My observations I told him.
What disturbed me was, no safes in the rooms, no internet in the rooms and the bathrooms need to be improved with screen or curtian around the bath tub since water splashes all around.

Room Tip: We had a luxury room I cannot say about other rooms, but this room I can recommend.
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The beach hut is no more than a poor mans hut, we had booked two huts and had arrived at around 11am we were asked to wait till check inn time of 2 pm at 2.30 after repeated remeinders we were allotted one hut, the AC was not functioning , there was no water in the taps , the phone was not working. The reception was not ready to listen and on asking for a refund they flatly refused, Pathetic. The blankets in the room were heavily soiled , no cleanliness. Other than the proximity to the beach no plus point.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Shreyaans
estreladomar-goa, Vice President at Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for the feedback. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Best,

Estrela Team

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I had been to goa for my honeymoon and we selected the package from makemy trip. By morning 7AM we reached estrela and we were greated by receptionist Jacquiline. Our check in time was around 2Pm . unfortunately my wife was not feeling well so i requested jacquiline to give me the room ASAP as my wife was not well . By around 8.30 jacquiline gave me the room at the beach hut . All of sudden me & my wife didnot liked the room and we just came back at the reception and asked jacquiline to change the room. Jacquiline handled my query so well that i was impressed. She honestly told me that we dont have any room as of now and immediately informed the manager Aniket there. After some time Aniket came to me and he told me that they are shifting me to some other hotel which was very nearby as estrela was not having the vacent room of my demand . Estrela took the completelty responsibility of my shifting and shifted me at a very good hotel with a good room for 2 days. Later after 2 days again they sent me the car for the pick up at estrela and gave me the deluxe room . I was very much impressed by the service given to me by estrela. They really care for their customers . Room was so beautiful and comfortable. Me and my wife was very happy by the hospitality of estrela and i suggest eastrela a best place in goa for stay withe a very good staff. Special thanks to Jacqiline , Aniket, Harpreet. I suggest Estrela to all my family & frends. Thanks estrela for making my honeymoon memorable . Keep doing the good work .

Amit Bosmia

1  Thank AmitBosmia
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Sometimes pictures can be deceiving and I was expecting a little bit of a let down but once I had checked-in to the hotel I was amazed how nice the room was. Location was perfect and the staff were great.

2  Thank DPatel2012