Stayed for 2 nights. Travel agent had recommended this place saying it's in 3 stars hotel category, but worth 3.5 stars. I tried it and knew what she meant. It is really worth it for 3000 rupees per night for double occupancy. It is located in a quiet neighborhood but still easy access to Baga beach or Calangute beach. We went in the off season, which is the rainy season. Personally I prefer Goa in the rainy season more than the summer. It is quieter and greener. I always drive myself in this season with a good GPS phone. Non-Indians should not try to drive in India, hire a vehicle with a driver.
Rooms were very clean. All rooms had sit-out balcony facing swimming pool. Beds were very comfortable. Although it is made into double bed it was actually 2 large single bed mattresses put together. Fussy about bed people need to watch-out. The room is very cozily lit and decorated. The bathroom is also very nice with a bathtub. Had a little defect of supplying hot water. Although it was very warm but not HOT. The room has everything that a normal hotel room has. It has tea, coffee and bottled water which is complimentary.
The room AC had a minor remote control problem, also the fan does not have a speed adjuster. The room had a little stench coming from under the fridge area. I think it was the heat warming up the polish from under the table smelling like a bad cheese. It is fine after ventilation but if you shut the whole room up and return in the evening the smell has spread throughout the room. The fan, AC and the stench was just in our room not the room next door which our friends were staying in, So just a little bad-luck. Watch out for room 305.
The breakfast was complimentary at the only restaurant in Casa De Goa. It was small but very nice. The pricing was also very reasonable. The wine bottles were way more cheaper here than many of the local restaurants. The service was excellent (maybe because of off season). We had a lovely Goan style curry and rice.
Disregarding the bad-luck we experienced in the room, If you ask me I will definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Goa is located in close proximy to the famous Calangute beach, night life, market and main tourist places. We offer Villas and Suites which are ideal for couple and deluxe rooms. we emphasis on quality hospitality and guests satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, ClearTrip and Agoda so you can book your Casa De Goa Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Goa Boutique Hotel Calangute
- Hotel Casa De Goa Boutique
- Casa De Goa Boutique Resort Calangute