The Grand was a great hotel. I was there for 5 nights with my family - the first 3 nights were a work conference and the last 2 were family fun.
The first thing we were impressed with was the size of the rooms. We had a ground floor room facing the pool and it was large enough for our family with kids. They slept on the fold on chairs that make beds and it was perfect. The room even had a small balcony were we could sit at night and hang out while the kids slept inside.
The pool was perfect for our family and had a smaller pool just right for the little kids. It was a little ways from the beach but this isn't always a bad thing. For a small fee we could get a taxi to Holiday Road and walked out to a nice beach that was less crowded than in the middle of Calangute Beach.
The front desk staff was always friendly and helpful, especially Sham and Elmira in Reservations.
I've read several people complaining about the room service, but we never had any trouble with this. Our sheets were changed every day and we had fresh towels as well. Also, some people have complained about the food, but honestly what hotel under 4000 Rs a night has incredible food?! If you realize you are getting a great deal on a nice room it is just good to know that breakfast is included and free! I actually enjoyed the guy who made fresh omlettes as he was good and enjoyed his job. The location of the hotel was great too, that within a few minutes you had your pick of many awesome restaurants to choose from.
The conference rooms were great and we had great chai and coffee served during the breaks. The staff treated us well and we hardly even knew they were around. Great service!
All in all, we love the Grand and it was a super bargain. We'll be back if we are in the Goa area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand in its true opulent style and grandeur architecture is the blend of perfect hospitality and old world charm. Comprising of 143 contemporarily appointed rooms and suites with large swimming pool, health club, multi cuisine restaurant, coffee shop and largest Sports Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ClearTrip, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Neelams The Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neelams The Grand Calangute
- Neelams The Grand Hotel Calangute
- Neelams The Grand Goa/Calangute
- Neelams Grand