My wife and I stayed in Mantheven as part of our Goa trip for Christmas. We booked over the net direct and paid a deposit via Western Union as it was over the holiday period. The appartments are very well sitauted down a quiet road that is a little dificult to find but very well placed to escape the noise and bustle of Calangute at night.
The room was very large with a comfortable bed and a balcony overlooking very beautiful, well kept gardens. The rooms are kept clean and there is an ample wet room with lots of hot water. On arrival a complimentary large water is left. The shops are so close by locally that bringing provisions in is easy. The fridge, cooking facilities and crockery etc provide a good alternative to eating out if you fancy cooking yourself. (not that we ever ate in!)
Mantheven has access to a washing machine and a baking hot terrace on the roof. The place is kept spotlessly clean and it's a very homely and safe feeling environment from which to enjoy a holiday. The beach is about 10 minutes away and is an easy and pleasant walk.
The owners, Jessica and Max, are lovely. Very helpful people and able to offer you lots of advice on where to go. They will even help you sort out taxis to nearby spice gardens etc.
Once you leave the rooms, there are lots of good quality restaurants nearby and the main strip of Calangute with lots of nightlife, the Government tourist office and shopping is either 20 minutes walk or about 5 minutes by rickshaw (about 40 rupees). We found the place great to access the vivacity of Goa but to escape to peace and quiet at night. It was the ideal compromise and offers hygenic, delightful accommodation.
Pos: clean, good value for money, near everything you need, comfortable environment.
Neg: your taxi driver may not find it at first - take the address with you and the phone number of the hotel just incase!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious 6 AC Apartments For Rent, with full furnished room. 5 Min walking distance to the beach. Self Catering with fridge, Gas-Stoves & all cooking utensils.Bathroom with 24 hrs hot water facilities. 3 Persons can Accommodate comfortablely. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, EaseMyTrip, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Mantheven Homes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantheven Homes Hotel Calangute
- Mantheven Homes Goa/Calangute