See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 April 2017

Just returned from 8 nights here. Firstly the hotel is in a great location, it is set back from the main road so no noise issues, and is a 5 min walk to Titos Lane, 10 min walk to the Beach. Our room was at the back of the hotel with amazing views of the fields and wildlife such as birds, buffalo etc

The hotel itself was very basic, our room was kept spotless, and I just made sure that every morning I put my key in to reception and asked them to clean the room which they did, always fresh towels. The hotel buildings could do with a good lick of paint as they look dirty, the grounds are ok but again could do with a little more care and attention. Breakfast extremely basic, just tea/coffee and toast, however a menu was available for everything else and prices were similar to resort prices and shack prices. There are 2 outdoor pools, one hardly used and no sun loungers or other furniture, the other over looking the field next to restaurant, sun loungers provided and a great spot. There are 2 outdoor restaurants, and a bar. I ate there once for breakfast and lunch and both were excellent

Overall this hotel is very basic, but clean, and great location and amazingly cheap!!

Room tip: Rooms at the back with views over the fields
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Evertongary
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Arrived in the early hours so difficult to see much, was only aware of very uneven ground on approach to rooms. My room was large and not unpleasant with twin beds,TV, telephone, a rather loud fridge and other assorted furniture with an additional door to a small, private verandah leading to one of the two outdoor swimming pools. The pools were spotless and cleaned daily, because the pool near my room was in the shade for most of the day, the water was very cool but then as the average daily temperature was in excess of 35C during my stay this was not unpleasant. The room was cleaned and bedding changed daily if requested, however the laundry is washed and dried in the open which means it has a grey look and is not ironed, which means it does not have the laundered look of European bedding. Similarly the roomboys are waging a losing battle against the sand which blows under the room doors leaving the floors gritty
The breakfast provided was unlimited toast or rolls and jam,with tea and coffee. If you wanted, eggs, etc.were available.for a small charge..Most people stayed at the Beira Mar on a B & B basis but lunches and dinners were available and I and my fellow travellers ate there most nights. We had some delicious meals at very reasonable prices and non of us had an upset stomach throughout our 17 night stay.
The Beira Mar is very popular with birdwatchers and some had been returning for 20 years. It is mainly used by English, Russian and Indian tourists and offers easy access to the main street of Bagga which is a real culture shock to a new visitor to Goa such as myself and truthfully I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy my holiday in the first few days but the magic of Goa and its people, especially the friendly staff of the Beira Mar, won me over and I can't wait to go back.

Room tip: There are no lifts so ground or first floor rooms at back are best. A/c only in a few rooms but all have large ceiling fans.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

It was a good job my tetanus was up to date as the fridge was held together by rust.
The mould in the bathroom made for a lovely decorative feature and added some much needed colour to the below basic rooms.
We asked for our room to be cleaned whilst we went on a 4 day trip and left our keys with reception. We returned to find the room hadn't been touched (this was now 10 days after we checked in with no clean towels or bedding). However we were delighted to find a family of cockroaches had moved into the bedroom area and a colony of ants into the bathroom.
Fortunately they found the time to clean it later that day.

As for safety. The electrics are second to none. The electric water heater exploded just after I got out of the shower.
When we went to reception they wasn't overly concerned about it and said they would fix it.

They did 24 hours later (we were provided with a much nicer room to shower in).

The noise from the Russians could be a little loud at times but managed to solve that issue by speaking with them over shots of vodka :)

I had a fantastic holiday but was rarely at the hotel but it was nice to know the security guard found me sexy! (He told me after I asked where I could get some water from after being extremely ill with sunstroke for 7 hours) Still got it after vomit

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank missmosher
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

The plus for this hotel is that it is in a very good location for tietos lane and baga beach. Unfortunately the hotel itself was questionable. Arrived in the room, and part of the bed was covered with small dead flies that had to be brushed off the bed. Even though the bed itself was ok, bedding and cushions felt dirty. The bathroom again felt dirty and the hot water needed to be fixed, which granted was, when we complained about it.
The room had an awful musty smell which made it feel even dirtier with a noisy fridge that I wouldn't have ever used.
I expect basic accommodation for the price of this two star but was disappointed. Didn't feel safe here, as getting back was through car parks with uneven surface and dark.
Yes it's a budget hotel, gives a roof over your head if needed and you have no choice of any hotel near by. Stayed here for two nights, and I wouldn't stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2016
4  Thank FindStayReview
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of times was a few twitchers staying so hard to get a room with a good view at the rear.Ideal if your on a budget rooms are cleaned & bedding changed daily.Continental breakfast or fry up if you want it . staff very friendly & helpful. Two pools.Ideal location.

Date of stay: December 2015