See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Arrived in the early hours so difficult to see much, was only aware of very uneven ground on approach to rooms. My room was large and not unpleasant with twin beds,TV, telephone, a rather loud fridge and other assorted furniture with an additional door to a small, private verandah leading to one of the two outdoor swimming pools. The pools were spotless and cleaned daily, because the pool near my room was in the shade for most of the day, the water was very cool but then as the average daily temperature was in excess of 35C during my stay this was not unpleasant. The room was cleaned and bedding changed daily if requested, however the laundry is washed and dried in the open which means it has a grey look and is not ironed, which means it does not have the laundered look of European bedding. Similarly the roomboys are waging a losing battle against the sand which blows under the room doors leaving the floors gritty
The breakfast provided was unlimited toast or rolls and jam,with tea and coffee. If you wanted, eggs, etc.were available.for a small charge..Most people stayed at the Beira Mar on a B & B basis but lunches and dinners were available and I and my fellow travellers ate there most nights. We had some delicious meals at very reasonable prices and non of us had an upset stomach throughout our 17 night stay.
The Beira Mar is very popular with birdwatchers and some had been returning for 20 years. It is mainly used by English, Russian and Indian tourists and offers easy access to the main street of Bagga which is a real culture shock to a new visitor to Goa such as myself and truthfully I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy my holiday in the first few days but the magic of Goa and its people, especially the friendly staff of the Beira Mar, won me over and I can't wait to go back.

Room tip: There are no lifts so ground or first floor rooms at back are best. A/c only in a few rooms but all have large ceiling fans.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

It was a good job my tetanus was up to date as the fridge was held together by rust.
The mould in the bathroom made for a lovely decorative feature and added some much needed colour to the below basic rooms.
We asked for our room to be cleaned whilst we went on a 4 day trip and left our keys with reception. We returned to find the room hadn't been touched (this was now 10 days after we checked in with no clean towels or bedding). However we were delighted to find a family of cockroaches had moved into the bedroom area and a colony of ants into the bathroom.
Fortunately they found the time to clean it later that day.

As for safety. The electrics are second to none. The electric water heater exploded just after I got out of the shower.
When we went to reception they wasn't overly concerned about it and said they would fix it.

They did 24 hours later (we were provided with a much nicer room to shower in).

The noise from the Russians could be a little loud at times but managed to solve that issue by speaking with them over shots of vodka :)

I had a fantastic holiday but was rarely at the hotel but it was nice to know the security guard found me sexy! (He told me after I asked where I could get some water from after being extremely ill with sunstroke for 7 hours) Still got it after vomit

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank missmosher
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

The plus for this hotel is that it is in a very good location for tietos lane and baga beach. Unfortunately the hotel itself was questionable. Arrived in the room, and part of the bed was covered with small dead flies that had to be brushed off the bed. Even though the bed itself was ok, bedding and cushions felt dirty. The bathroom again felt dirty and the hot water needed to be fixed, which granted was, when we complained about it.
The room had an awful musty smell which made it feel even dirtier with a noisy fridge that I wouldn't have ever used.
I expect basic accommodation for the price of this two star but was disappointed. Didn't feel safe here, as getting back was through car parks with uneven surface and dark.
Yes it's a budget hotel, gives a roof over your head if needed and you have no choice of any hotel near by. Stayed here for two nights, and I wouldn't stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2016
4  Thank FindStayReview
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of times was a few twitchers staying so hard to get a room with a good view at the rear.Ideal if your on a budget rooms are cleaned & bedding changed daily.Continental breakfast or fry up if you want it . staff very friendly & helpful. Two pools.Ideal location.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Robert L
Reviewed 12 September 2016

We went and booked a room at this resort for the 30th - 31st December 2015, we asked for ground floor A/C, TV all English Channels, Fridge, Kettle and cups, we paid for this on the 26th December 2015 and we had to pay for tickets for the Gala night on the 31st no way round it, when we arrived on the 30th they tried to charge us for the room again and tickets for their Gala night we go this sorted and we were taken to our room, when we were in the first thing we noticed that the towels looked like they were used for cleaning the floor we had them to change them, the TV was about a 12 inch screen and the electric switch was hanging off the wall the only way you could switch it on, the fridge was filthy and about five hours latter they arrived with our kettle, the Gala night was ticket only you go for your food and hand your ticket over to the staff, this never happened the Russians kept their tickets and passed them to their mates when we went to get our food there was none left, I asked the manager where is the food and we were told it is finished, he never offered us anything the only good thing about this place was the breakfast, restaurant and bar staff, the senior, middle and junior management none existant

Room tip: there are rooms owned by private owners at this resort, try to find out who they are and you will get a better deal and better rooms
Date of stay: December 2015