See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 March 2016

I've stayed a this hotel before, but can honestly say my visit this time was dreadful. Our room was supposed to be Deluxe, apart from a flat screen tv that's where it ends, the towels were disgusting, they should be ashamed to give them to guests, I had to request new ones, we also bought our own. Breakfast was toast, tea/coffee help yourself, but it was in a plastic little cup, food was ok, but took forever to arrive, that's if you could get the attention of a waiter. I can honestly say "we won't be staying here again"

Room Tip: Don't go by hotel pictures
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
6  Thank Dawn582016
Reviewed 24 February 2016

Rooms are very basic and not particularly clean, there is a reasonable pool and a nice area to sit and have a drink or a meal. Staff range from friendly to totally disinterested, it's pot luck who you get.

We had our evening meal here a couple of times the first time was ok the second time was poor and 5 of the 6 of us were ill the next day, I can't say with certainty that the meal was the cause but we didn't eat there again just in case.

There are lots of restaurants nearby catering for all tastes as well as taxis and shops.

The Beira Mar has quite a reputation as a hot spot for bird watching due to it's location at the edge of a wet land, it's still worth a visit but sadly the wetland is slowly being reclaimed for building and farming so it's no where near as good as it used to be.

Room Tip: Unless you are prepared for very basis amenities try another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank JackoMiddlesbrough
Reviewed 22 February 2016

Another great trip to the Beira Mar. Quick check in to get your holiday on the way. Staff brilliant as always. Entertainment provided on some nights. Food always good. Close to all the restaurants & the beach. Taxi's just outside the hotel are great valve.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
6  Thank SmoggieBri
Reviewed 22 February 2016

travelled to india for over 20 years so I know the general level of their hotels. arrived at 4:00 am. room was filthy, bedding a nasty shade of grey, corridors muddy.
was shown another room but same condition.
asked jewel in the crown to move us, which they did at extra cost.
Big question for me is, why do jewel in the crown continue to put people in this hole. I have lost trust in them and will not use them again

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ianbingham
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Poor service and cleanliness, complaints and issues ignored throughout my stay. Long waiting times for food and drink, towels dirty and poor security. Rooms not as described,no hot water and poor wifi.

Stayed: January 2016