“A jewel in the Crown”

Ranked #12 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
NYC
“A jewel in the Crown”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

My husband and I visited Pousada Tauma in November 2011. We came upon it by accident through a google search- at first I admit i was nervous about not staying at one of the, tried and tested big resorts- you know the well know Fort Aguada. But the thought of staying in a hotel with infants running around screaming was unappealing- Enter Pousada...subsequent to our booking we asked a few regular GOA visitos about this boutique hotel and were given the "big thumbs up." Needless to say - it lived up to its reputation of being an oasis in the midst of a otherwise crowded beach area. It was a perfect romantic getaway for us- the rooms were uniques and superbly designed, food was brilliant and the service was the best we have experienced in India - and we usually visit there at least thrice a year! So all-in-all, it would be foolhardy to stay in the big, impersonal, non-unique resorts and not this beautiful jewel in the crown.

Room Tip: I think you cannot go wrong with any of the rooms. They are all strategically located around the po...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kate J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 December 2011

This is a stunning boutique hotel in northern Goa. I was in the south for a wedding and needed a bit of a break from my travels and companions so I snuck away to this gem for a few days. Everything about it Pousada Tauma is superb! I did not explore the town and thus can't speak about it but do wish I had found Fab India(excellent shopping). I enjoyed the pool and the beach/restaurant tremendously. It was exactly the calm and relaxing break I needed. The owner, Neville and his team take very good care of you.

Room Tip: All of the rooms looked excellent!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank dawn-elriosf
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Very nice place if you want to relax and enjoy perfect weather!
Neville and his team made our stay very special.
I cam out from my stay fully rested and full of energy! Very much enjoyed yoga class (on demand) and massages!
I cant wait to be back!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Tulum, Mexico
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I had been living and working in crazy Mumbai all winter, and my boyfriend flew in from Canada to visit me and celebrate his 30th birthday. I searched online and had narrowed it down to Pousada and two of the bigger named venues. As it was my first holiday booking in India, I was a little nervous of exploring, but when Neville wrote me a letter in response to my inquiry, telling me they would make sure our room had candles and flowers, and that they would have a chocolate cake and really take care of us, I was hooked. Our experience there was unforgettable, from the smiling, conscientious attendance of the staff, to the deep beauty of our villa, the pool, the surroundings, to the food, we have promised ourselves that we will go back there to celebrate our 5th anniversary. If you are looking for a very special, very exquisite get-away, please go here...It is a place to really relax and connect with company, without distraction, without hype. And yes, Neville is one of the top hosts I've ever met, and I've traveled a lot. He really adds a personal, soulful touch to Pousada!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank monsteryogi
Turin, Italy
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Pousada Tauma is a wonderful place to relax in Goa. The place is beautiful, rooms are nice and the scenery it's incredible: a lovely swiming pool surronded by spectacular tropical trees all around. But what makes it more special is the service guided by Mathew (will assist in whatever way possible, always smiling!), the incredible food (which is Goan) and most of all Nevile, the owner. Very friendly person whith a love of Goa to be shared, very nice talks and a positive attitude. Recommend the place!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Pablo R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
1.7 km away
37.8 km away
Taj Exotica Goa
Taj Exotica Goa
#1 of 14 in Benaulim

Been to Pousada Tauma? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK