Hotel Dona Terezinha
US$ 52
US$ 54
US$ 45
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 67/night.

US$ 66
US$ 55
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 80/night.

US$ 155
US$ 100
US$ 34
US$ 21
  • Breakfast included
SinQ Beach Resort(Calangute)(Great Value!)
US$ 61
  • Breakfast included
Joia Do Mar Resort(Calangute)(Great Value!)
US$ 104
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 January 2009

Arriving in Goa was definetly a culture shock,we weren't quite ready for the cows and the stray dogs walking down the middle of the road.We decided to relax and just go with the flow and after a couple of hours began to blend in with the hustle and bustle and started to enjoy the madness.We arrived at the hotel and were greeted by the porters who showed us to our rooms.The rooms do feel a little dated and could do with a bit of a paint job and the mattress could do with being a little thicker but if your tired you'd sleep through an earthquake. The grounds and the pool area are quite clean and tidy and the staff in the main were very friendly.The waiters at the poolside were very good and friendly and the Goan food was excellent I can honestly say that out of our party of six not one of us had any complaints about the quality of the food.If you want to do any of the trips see the taxi drivers outside the front gate you can barter with them and get a good deal a lot cheaper than the tour reps can offer.If you want to see a little of real India go out of the back gate turn right then left and take some writing books and pens the kids love it and I can honestly say that me never once felt in danger.We will definetly go back.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank gary1303
Reviewed 26 May 2008

When we arrived we nearly died, the shock was bad, we were told about the culture shock, we were still not as prepared for it.
but once the shock wore off, what a fabulous holiday we had.
Dona Terezhina was very basic, but were told most hotels were just the same, the staff, waiters, manager, reception and room cleaners were all great and made our stay fantastic, they more than made up for the basic hotel. Shopkeepers taxi drivers and everyone made us very welcome to their country.
Lots of stray dogs but they are all harmless and even come in handy, as we adopted one and she followed us around we tried bartering with her with the beach sellers so they did not pester us when they knew we were selling "our dog" for 50 rupees, what a laugh.
Dont be put off by first impressions, and enjoy the culture and the people, this was our best holiday to date and we have booked to go back same time same place and meet all our Goan friends again.
Ray and Liz Barnsley

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank raggyray
Reviewed 30 March 2008

We went to Dona Terezinha in Feb 2006. As it was our first time in Goa I wasn't sure what to expect but first impression thought it was lovely.

Yes the room was very basic but as we were in a very poor country I wasn't expecting the Ritz!

As we like to to go out exploring we didn't really eat much in the hotel but the meals we did have were really nice.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was on the ground floor at the back of the building where the security guard patrolled every night. One night he had a sore throat so we gave him some throat lozenges. The next morning he stayed in the hotel after his shift had finished just to thank us as they worked for him! Can't think of many places where someone would do that!

We did have a problem in the room when he had some ant 'friends' treking through our bathroom, but we informed reception and they had someone come straight away to get rid of them!

Also during our stay I did end up with Gastroenteritis (which i didn't get from the hotel). We informed reception and within an hour they had a doctor out who gave me some antibiotics!

I would recomend this hotel to anyone who is looking for something cheap and chearful.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah23Luke
Reviewed 4 March 2008

This trip was our first to Goa. I had been told to expect very basic accomodation but having done the 18 - 30 circuit 10 years ago, I thought I had seen it all, lol. We arrived at the Dona Terezinah, recieved a very warm welcome from the reception staff, we were checked in quickly and efficiently with no problems. We were given a room at the back of the hotel, it was extremely shabby and in desperate need of modernisation but we had come to Goa planning on doing a bit of exploring, a lot of eating out and spending our days on the beach. Our hotel was only ever going to be a base so we unpacked and planned to make the most of it.

All of the aforementioned went out of the window when I came to take a shower, only to find the was a party of mosquitos in the cubical juping from the windows to the walls and to the shower curtain, literally 100 +. My hubby went to reception, there was someone there in a matter of minutes, they sprayed and burt these coil things which are supposed to repell them to no avail.

We eventually had to pack and were offered a choice of rooms, the reception guy was so lovely and helpful and couldnt do enough to assist us, we were shown 3 rooms and took the best we could. The best entailed, both ceiling lights hanging out with the wires showing, the ceiling fan hanging out and also one of the plug sockets half out of the wall. The rooms are liveable though and we just made the most out of it. You just need to be prepared and the beds are just as uncomfortable as everyone says. Someone told us on the last night that they slipped the cleaners a couple of hundred rps and got an extra mattress each so try that if you are going to this hotel.

The bad bits for us were as follows - pool area desperately needs a good mopping, it is full of spills and with the mosquito problem, this should be made a priority. There is no dining area so you eat around one side of the pool which is very odd and not comfortable. The rooms are terrible and need to be sorted out.

Good Bits - Good location - not too busy but near enough to the action. The staff are the biggest bonus - 90% of them deserve to be in a 5* hotel as they try so hard to make you comfortable and meet all your needs. The food is very good for a 2*, basic and at times a bit samey but I enjoyed everything that I had.

If you try this hotel and go with an open mind you may well enjoy it, a hotel is a base when all is said and done and a holiday is what you make it. I would rather pay a few hundred extra and stay somewhere better when I return to Goa but this hotel in no way ruined my holiday so if you have already booked, dont be too disheartened, ask for an extra mattress, get the fans on full and use it as the base for exploring some of the best places I have ever visited.

Couple of pointers too - taxi driver outside the hotel, use Andy, young lad, very safe driver, very reasonable and consistent prices. Restaurants to try - le Jardin (amazing food), over the flames on wednesday ( entertainment and curries second to none), After 7 ( best steak I have ever had). Tried au reverie, over rated and over priced, east meets west - ok - entertainment was so dull but the food and cocktails and the desserts are well worth a try. If heading to the beach, use Aggis Beach Shack, it has a toilet that flushes and a sink to wash your hands - believe me, this is rare on the beach. The food, drinks and service from Joseph and Carlos is amazing.
If you hire a bike or moped be very careful, the roads are crazy and there are a lot of accidents, we hired a bike though and just took out time.

Hope some of this helps.xx

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank letti08
Reviewed 27 February 2008

I was also very worried about going to this hotel after reading the reveiws on this site! I acutally phone the holiday company to see if they could change the hotel I was going to stay at! But they did not have any other hotel available, But I'm so glad we stayed at the dona terezhina!
The rooms were very basic! we were on the top in the back of hotel 227, no air con! ( but it did not bother me or my husband as I'm always cold)
Beds were goa style hard! but most nights we were so tired that we slept very well!
We spent so little time in our rooms, nothing in the room wasworth worring about, the cleaner used to make things out of towels on our bed every day! crocodiles, snakes, sail boats, one day even a person, made out of a pillow, my tshirt and sun glasses, it looked almost real!
We used the same taxi driver everyday from outside he was also called Guru!
we had a great time and cannot wait to go back!

Stayed: February 2008