I stayed in this hotel recently for 4 nights (In a Deluxe Room), the room we were assigned had voltage fluctuation issue & the lights kept blinkering from the moment we entered the room we thought it was temporary but it continued all throughout & then a strange thing happened - The TV in our room suddenly got on with full volume at 3 in the morning with no one being near to the remote control/TV... . It got on again at 3:30 & then again at 4, it woke our infant baby & made us EXTREMELY annoyed to the level that I called my preferred hotel for room availability but wasn't lucky..finally at 4 AM we went to the Front Desk Attendant & shared the sad affair, he was helpless & asked us to wait till the morning. it was investigated later that the issue was because of some guests who stayed last in that room changed the TV settings to get switched on in the middle of the night...The first night was a dampner & we managed it with our tired souls...
I spoke with the staff in the morning who offered to fix the problem but I requested for a change of room which they did fortunately..
Here are my views about this HOTEL:
1. Overall Feel - 3 Star Hotel
2. Breakfast Quality - Cold & less variety
3. Service during breakfast - Slow paced
4. Staff Attitude - They do smile & greet you everytime
5. Housekeeping - Disastorous, We had to call thrice from room cleaning, there was just one guy who looked tired due to the number of rooms he had to clean, He finally cleaned our room at 5 PM on the 3rd day, On the 2nd day we had a change of room so it did not require housekeeping, had it been the same room, it would have been cleaned at 6 Pm the next day as well after many calls
6. No bathroom Slippers
7. No Morning Newspapers
8. No VCD/DVD Player
9. Car Parking for 4 cars
10. Buffet - Only Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner - A la carte
11. No Iron
12. Bathroom design - Not quite as it should be, Wash Basin flatly shaped which causes water to splash on your clothes due to high water pressure, floor was stained
13. A la carte food Quality - Good
14. Prices of Food - Reasonable but cheaper options available nearby..
15. The hotel faces a beach, Looks beautiful
16. The Pool & the design around it looked good
17. Request for late check out (3 PM) turned down due to unavailability of rooms, Was given time till 1 PM vs 12 Noon usual to check out
18. Staff Attire - Casual (White Shirt & Blue Jeans).. EXCEPT The housekeeping guy who wore an extremely low waist jeans, you know what i am trying to say..
The Hotel is about 45 days old, TOO NEW, I took a chance staying in this hotel with a good deal that I got, I think the place has a long way to go till it matches up to its other 5 star contemporaries..
The hotel has a very able GM who is often seen interacting with the guests & assisting his staff as well, so are the staff as there hasn't been a single instance when they did not oblige (except the checkout) but there are things (that I mentioned above) that the hotel management/leadership needs to consider in order to make this place a truly 5 star hotel..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This seafront property features an open-air lounge where you can unwind with a frozen tropical daiquiri after a long day of touring the neighborhood attractions. Sip and take in the breathtaking view of the ocean. Count the beers, the hours left in the day while watching the sunset.Below the skybar you will find our restaurant. Savour the sight of our Chef's specials being prepared in the open kitchen while you enjoy our Bartender's classics with some chilled out music. This breezy and comfortable restaurant also gives you direct access to the beach and to the swimming pool.Stretch out and relax on the daybeds and cabanas next to the purple pool. Read a book while enjoying a delicious margarita, take a snooze after you've had a swim, or just lay back and people-watch. Treat yourself to a foot rub after a long night out, while you make plans for another one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, ClearTrip and Hotels.com so you can book your The Park Calangute Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Calangute Goa