See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We group of five friends stayed recently at this service apartment.The apartment was in really bad shape with no locks working properly, had service men to fix the lock problems.The property is not at all maintained well and apartment had a very foul smell.If you are looking for a cheap accomodation and are ready to guard your stuffs overnight, then you might go ahead and choose this place.We slept off at night and our two expensive mobiles and some cash was stolen.suprisingly the thief did not take away the other expensive stuffs which led us to conclusion that somebody from hotel did the work as we slept only for 3 hrs.When in the morning we reported to the receptionist lady about the theft, she was really rude and blamed us for not reporting the other broken locks in the apartment and was just in the denial mode that it can not happen.When we asked her to show us the camera footage she started giving excuses and yelling all the time.
Over all it was a big mistake staying at velvet inn.
Hope it help others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank travelbuff1206
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Hotel is very much into proper location between all beaches, and very close to calangute beach.

We booked room for 3 nights with understanding to get good apartment with proper bed and proper service.

Room conditions were not so good, showers were not working properly, Lights were not enough, Locks of bathroom were broken. Swimming Pool is mini size and not so great place to swim.

There were no activities in the hotel, so it was like either you stay out or sleep at room.

Service was only due to some good people working otherwise nothing is fine, limited people cant handle everything so everytime we use to get reply.."later".

Cost was reasonable and so i feel we cant expect anything better!!

Room Tip: Please make sure you check pictures and write them it should be same as shown in the picture.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jigs551
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I cut short my stay at velvett inn to just 3 days because of all the bad reveiws here.
I stayed with a group of 5 friends from 11-14 jan. The moment you enter the compound, you know its thoughtfully done. The manager sandhya seems rude, apart from her the staff is exceptional and hands on and just want you to have a comfortable stay.
The pool is small but is well maintained. The moment i entered the apartment, drawing room is huge and is very well furnished, the kitchen well equipped and two bathrooms which arent huge but nice. Both the bedrooms are big and well kept and comfortable. The towels provided were a little questionable. And unlike the reviews on tripadvisor of all the cockroaches, i honestly did not find a single one, i couldnt find a fly in there.
My experience was amazing and would definetly go back here.
P.s. Its a little irritating while booking the place, cause they dont pick up the phone and you have to be a litlle patient.

Room Tip: I stayed in 105, which was a 2 bedroom. But i saw the 1 bedroom and seemed better.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Last year during the month of December 2012 i have booked approx 10-13 rooms to accomodate a group of my friends for my Wedding.I am so pleased to extend my appreciation to Velvet Inn and their exceptional team. I am so greateful taking the decision to book at Velvet Inn as they made sure great care was given to my people. The Rooms, restaurant and the Pool is simply fantastic right at the heart of Calungute, Goa. Most importantly my warmest appreciation goes to the Owner Roma Wadhwa and Kanchan,the Incharge of the Resort with her incredible team.Velvet Inn is a real deal.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gavin P
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had plan a holiday tour in Goa last Dec 12 had heard a lot of Velvet inn from our close friend who had stayed a couple of Days ,he showed the beautiful pics of the service apartment that made us make our stay at Velvet inn .

I really appreciate that kind of hospitality. over all rating i would give Excellent and I would prefer to stay back again in the said service apartment

If you travel with kids and children 100% safe, and pools are so nice and very safe as well as there are few games and entertainment for kids . We loved the location just near to calangute beach. I will recommend everyone to visit this place. You will love it. Rooms are Big and Clean the management was very corporate. my husband and my two kids really felt homely ,we really cant forget the golden memories of our stay at VELVET INN service apartment Calangute .

Its and service Apartment not a hotel with very hygienic atmosphere all i can say is at last come one come all as a guest and live as a family taking the valuable golden memories of your stay at VELVET INN.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family