“Excellent Beach Shack”

Ranked #27 of 464 Restaurants in Calangute
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2018

We had a FULL Christmas Dinner here on Christmas Day. The Rovers Return is a very friendly, very gentle eating establishment. The food is always delicious.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Started using Joseph’s. In 1997 so after returning after a 11 year absence from goa was pleased the food had got even better the steak pie was great as were my favourite prawn pakora.even has WiFi now all 4 of us eat here most days and not one stomach upset between us in 2 weeks see you next year

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We were advised that this was the shack for Sunday lunches and we weren't disappointed. Sunday lunch on a busy beach in December was a new thing for me but it was an enjoyable experience. I paid about £5 for a beef dinner with mashed potatoes. Just what I needed after eating Indian food twice a day for 3 weeks already. The food was really good considering it had been cooked in a make-shift kitchen on a beach but my only gripe would be the smell of fat/oil. If you can get passed this then you'll love the dinners served here.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

What a find. Delicious food. Nice friendly people. Quiet part of the beach. Going to miss this place. Thoroughly recommend it. Don’t forget to have the steak pie. Everything made from scratch including the pastry. Will also miss snoopy dog.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

i am in goa now November 9th 2017 having been to this shack on a few occasions before I have now been 3 times whilst staying here and had three great meals my only observation of all my meals is they are all large but on all occasions very tasty , there are a couple of reviews I have read about the service and the food and I can't believe them i.e a toasties taking one hour why would anyone stay for an hour and wait for toasties ? I would have gone long ago , and why are there only a couple of bad reviews out of lost count of very good reviews , I shall continue to go and have good meals at reasonable shack prices .