“A master at work” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mac Tailors

Mac Tailors
Ranked #3 of 19 Shopping in Calangute
More attraction details
Owner description: Dear valuable clients,Thank you very much for your continued support for the last 22 years.I will strive hard to give my best as always. Hotel Nizmar is closing for renovation, nevertheless we are still operating from the same resort. Assuring all existing and new clients highest quality and professional service.All our contact details are still the sameMac
Berkshire
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A master at work”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2017

As a return visitor and having also used two other tailors in Candolim, Mac deserves his reputation as a simply outstanding craftsman and fashion designer, offering value for money.

My wife and I first had some suits and shirts made by Mac three years ago. At the time, we found his online reputation to be extremely strong and were personally impressed with the quality of the fabrics, the personalised experience and straight talking on price.

With our return visit in December 2016, Mac was our first-choice tailor for suits however we also wanted to take the opportunity to consider other products such as coats and dresses. For this reason, we decided to visit and compare other tailors as well in the Candolim area, to ensure we were getting fair value for money. Ultimately, we decided to order separate items from three tailors which on one hand, qualifies us to fully compare the quality of garments and the customer service, but on the other hand, meant I spent more time in tailors than I did on the beach!

Mac offers bespoke suits to all budgets – it depends on the material chosen. He has some luxurious and flawless fabric at the top end of the scale which understandably attracts a premium cost although the price descends as you move through the grades. It is telling that Mac’s ‘mid-range’ options are cloths of Super 120 or even 140, which is superior to the best cloth in some other tailors, and his entry level cloth is still excellent fabric.

This is the absolute crux of the review – Mac can make suits to fit your budget and I would suggest that price-wise they can range from £150 – £700. A suit for £150 potentially would be the top end offering at some other tailors and although this may mean you are in a psychological comfort zone that you are not shopping from the lower end of this particular shop’s range, this logic is flawed (which we arguably found out to our detriment). Although you can read my other reviews to compare the experience at the other tailors, we regret our decision to not spend the same budget with Mac and his garments will be the ‘go-to’ garments in our wardrobe.

I strongly suggest you will get value for money and superior service for the same outlay with Mac as his eye for detail and passion to deliver every garment perfectly shines through seamlessly (if you pardon the pun).

Mac is a charming business man. He values his family name, with the business passed through generations from his grandfather (and his young son is already showing an interest of taking it forward in the future!) and he has a superb grasp on customer service. The superior service is apparent in two main ways – his ability to answer questions objectively, offer opinions and align the vision of the customer and the final product, and his attention to detail in terms of the fit. If a minor adjustment is required during the trial, he will actively listen to feedback of the customer, but also identify any adjustments himself. This assessment seems like ‘bread and butter’ for a tailor however to perfect it is a fine art – this man is a fine artist!

My wife had some visions of a top, blazer and coat that she would like to be designed and made for her shape. We trusted Mac with creative licence to deliver these items and he exceeded our expectations. This was a level of service above looking at a picture and having confidence to copy it; he looked at a picture, listened to comments and enhanced it.

His turnaround time was impressive for the items – it was slick and punctual and it was the shortest end to end lead time that we had with tailors.

Whether your budget is £150, £300 or £700 for a suit, I suggest that Mac should be your first choice as the tailor to give you the ‘wow factor’.

Visited December 2016
1 Thank DaveReviews
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mac's was amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Very impressed- he absolutely knows his stuff! Very professional, knew exactly what we were after. Thanks Mac! We will be coming back! :)

Visited September 2016
“Fantastic Shirts and Suits!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2016

Fantastic tailor, amazing quality materials and they fit perfect. He also accommodated my need for quick turnaround and went out of his way to make sure I received it in time.

Visited August 2016
London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent service and a great Tailor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2016

Having read a few reviews on here, we made it a point to visit this tailor in Dec 2015 and we were not disappointed. We shared our budget and there was no hard sell to buy outside of our budget. I went in for 2 suits and came out with 2 suits and some made to measure shirts for myself and my 7 year old son. The suits were for work and have received good compliments from colleagues. The shirts are a great fit. All clothes were ready in 4 days during the Christmas period. Money well spend. A must visit if you want to smart, tailored clothes at a reasonable price.

Visited December 2015
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The best tailor in Goa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

After seeing so many great reviews about Mac Doulani, I decided to visit his shop during my recent trip to Goa. He is a fantastic and amazing tailor. From the start, he was ready to offer a wide selection of materials for the shirts and pants that I wanted. The materials that he uses are world class and of such amazing quality I even made a half canvassed suit from him. The best thing is that he keeps your measurements and can ship future orders to your home address!

Visited March 2016