I say its hard to say because i've a few bad as well as a few good experiences with the hotel.
The bad: I sent an email requesting a quote but later booked the Valentine room online through the hotels website as the website gave me a better deal than what was sent to me by email.
After a week of follow ups with the hotel front desk and sales department i was informed that the rate that I had booked for through the website was an old one and the rates have now been revised. At this point I lost it and said that I wanted a refund as this was not acceptable to this I was informed that a refund will not be possible and that I would get a credit for a future stay which was totally not acceptable. With no option left I asked for what was the correct tariff now and I was shocked when I was told the new figure which was way more than the website deal as well as the deal offered before via email. Final after a couple of days of negotiations the tariff was settled for the rate that was offered via email before making the booking. I was out off options i was already charged and a refund wasn't available and the other hotels that i had short listed were already booked for the days i needed the rooms for.
On arrival to the hotel i was informed that the Valentine room was over booked for a day out of the 3 days that i had booked it for. But this ended up working to my benefit as we were offered a deluxe room for the first night which is an upgrade from the valentine room that i had booked. For a moment i actually thought they were taking me for a ride by saying it was a upgrade, but after the 3 day stay i realised it actually was.
Neither the Valentine room nor the Deluxe room have bath tubs even though the bath room has the space for it
The buffet breakfast sucks, no variety no taste, was offered eggs only after the captain saw a disappointing look on my face. Travelers from out of India would definitely be disappointed with the breakfast as it does not cater to continental.
Swimming pool definitely a big NO... NO... wasn't clean for a while... but personally I dint mind it cause you in Goa who needs a pool when you have beautiful beaches.
Valentine room, basics and cramped up. People on their honeymoon pay extra and go in for the deluxe room
Deluxe room, a win win, spacious and well decorated
But the bathrooms are the same in both the rooms
Behavior of the staff at site good. posted a few pics too
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Tangerine Resorts a 3 Star Boutique Resort, welcomes all of you to the one of the best Tourism & hospitality destination in the world that is “GOA” the land of Beaches, Churches, Chapels, Forts, Caves & Sanctuaries.Tangerine Resorts at Calangute - Candolim Main Road, is a newly tastefully built Resort 500 meters / 5 minutes walk from Princess of Beaches "Calangute” & close to famous Candolim & Baga Beaches", offers traditional warm Indian hospitality, More... Rooms & Suites : At The Tangerine a Holidays resort, a world of contemporary luxury & architectural enchantment awaits you. Luxury, leisure, Comfort & convenience are evident throughout all the guest rooms & suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ClearTrip, Expedia, MakeMyTrip, TripOnline SA, Yatra, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ostrovok and TravelGuru so you can book your Tangerine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tangerine Hotel Calangute
- Tangerine Resort Goa/Calangute