“Average!!!”
Review of Tangerine Resort

Tangerine Resort
Ranked #43 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I say its hard to say because i've a few bad as well as a few good experiences with the hotel.
The bad: I sent an email requesting a quote but later booked the Valentine room online through the hotels website as the website gave me a better deal than what was sent to me by email.
After a week of follow ups with the hotel front desk and sales department i was informed that the rate that I had booked for through the website was an old one and the rates have now been revised. At this point I lost it and said that I wanted a refund as this was not acceptable to this I was informed that a refund will not be possible and that I would get a credit for a future stay which was totally not acceptable. With no option left I asked for what was the correct tariff now and I was shocked when I was told the new figure which was way more than the website deal as well as the deal offered before via email. Final after a couple of days of negotiations the tariff was settled for the rate that was offered via email before making the booking. I was out off options i was already charged and a refund wasn't available and the other hotels that i had short listed were already booked for the days i needed the rooms for.

On arrival to the hotel i was informed that the Valentine room was over booked for a day out of the 3 days that i had booked it for. But this ended up working to my benefit as we were offered a deluxe room for the first night which is an upgrade from the valentine room that i had booked. For a moment i actually thought they were taking me for a ride by saying it was a upgrade, but after the 3 day stay i realised it actually was.

Facts:
Neither the Valentine room nor the Deluxe room have bath tubs even though the bath room has the space for it
The buffet breakfast sucks, no variety no taste, was offered eggs only after the captain saw a disappointing look on my face. Travelers from out of India would definitely be disappointed with the breakfast as it does not cater to continental.
Swimming pool definitely a big NO... NO... wasn't clean for a while... but personally I dint mind it cause you in Goa who needs a pool when you have beautiful beaches.

Rooms:
Valentine room, basics and cramped up. People on their honeymoon pay extra and go in for the deluxe room
Deluxe room, a win win, spacious and well decorated
But the bathrooms are the same in both the rooms

Behavior of the staff at site good. posted a few pics too

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Well this is the best in respect to hospitality. We have been there for around 1 week and considered as best....... The staff are very helpfull & very co-operative... We are regular visitors to GOA but this experience with Tangerine was the best...... I personally would loke to thank Ms. Rita & Ms. Vinanti for all the help with getting my booking done and giving me & my family such a wonderful stay...... CIAO.............

Room Tip: You can take your pets ... where in no hotel across goa has such facility.....
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank amit1mumbai
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Though Goa being my native place and also known to the local language, I was terribly upset with the kind of poorest management taken place in Tangerine. Rooms are dirty, unclean and believe me, there were Bed Bugs in the room. Be Aware. Restaurant food is pathetic. Milk is served with 85% water and 15% milk just to add its color. Moreover it is charged at different rates on every other day. Sambar is completely Tamarind water.
I booked the hotel for 3 nights. The 2nd day they called me (when I was in Panjim for work) and asked me to vacant the place and themselves planned to shift us in the next hotel as they got a big Bakra who was kept waiting until I arrived in the hotel. I tried calling the owner's son who had taken my reservation. But this Chuha avoided my phone call. His father told me that he is not keeping well who came out of his hole the next day. They wasted my full half day. I did not want to leave the hotel as I was leaving the next day to return back. Ofcourse I fought with them and finally they agreed. Moreover the owner Sardar said that the staff and even the Guests are scared of him. This shows the sickening mentality. Reminding all the travelers again BEAWARE OF BED BUGS

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Nonnie72
Reviewed 10 February 2012

we went to Goa to celebrate my husband's birthday, it was a five day trip...when we reached Tangerine we were a bit dissatisfied with the room as I wanted a bath tub in my room. On my request they shifted us to a Imperial Suite room on some extra payment....we were very happy with the room ....on the bday eve I had requested the front office staff to arrange for a bouquet, cake for my husband from my side as a gift and did a beautiful floral decoration in our room and set the room with a big bouquet card and cake....when I asked for the charges...they said it was a complimentary gift from their side....I was very happy with the arrangement... and my husband was really surprised...thanks for the treatment............

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Have been going to goa for a few years now, thought we would pay a bit more and upgrade room , had been reading the reviews and hoped it wouldn't be as bad as people made out, it is the hotel from hell. On our arrival we had 3 rooms booked, when we got there, the rooms hadn't been cleaned and had to wait 2 hours , we were then given room 105' ground floor, no balcony, asked for high floor. As soon as we walked into our room, it smelt of sewage, coming from the drain in the bathroom, the room had black mould on all the Walls and ceiling, as it was an end room, and stunk of damp, the patio door looked out to , what was suppose to be a swimming pool, which, had no water in, all the two weeks we were there, and it looked like a building site....I asked reception to change our room as we couldn't stay in there, do to smell and damp, the bed was cold and damp too, they then moved us to another room , third floor, told us they were going to paint the old room, so we stayed in that room for 5 days, then was told we had to move back to room 105, and that it was ok now, when we moved back in, all they had done is paint the ceiling in the bathroom, to try and hide the nasty smell in there, to
The towels were damp and the toilet roll, they said we had to stay there, so we had no choice, we had to go and buy plug in so we could try and cope in there, we both ended up with coughs, colds, and I had a chest infection, due to the dampness.the mould was so bad on the Walls, and we had paid for the upgrade . All our clothes were damp when we put them on and smelt, no one seem to care. We could not sleep at all due to smell.it was so noisy till 4 in morning, with loads of students staying there and banging doors all night...we go away at least 6 times a year, and in all the years, I have never had such a filthy, smelly, disgusting room, and this spoilt our holiday, the staff really don't care at all, please don't book this hotel, all the bad reviews are true......never ever again.....

Room Tip: Don't go there....
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends