All reviews wagah border punjabi food the hotel staff calangute beach candle light dinner early check front office visit goa rooms are spacious off season special thanks beaches ambience singh panjim mark operative
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Though Goa being my native place and also known to the local language, I was terribly upset with the kind of poorest management taken place in Tangerine. Rooms are dirty, unclean and believe me, there were Bed Bugs in the room. Be Aware. Restaurant food is pathetic. Milk is served with 85% water and 15% milk just to add its color. Moreover it is charged at different rates on every other day. Sambar is completely Tamarind water.
I booked the hotel for 3 nights. The 2nd day they called me (when I was in Panjim for work) and asked me to vacant the place and themselves planned to shift us in the next hotel as they got a big Bakra who was kept waiting until I arrived in the hotel. I tried calling the owner's son who had taken my reservation. But this Chuha avoided my phone call. His father told me that he is not keeping well who came out of his hole the next day. They wasted my full half day. I did not want to leave the hotel as I was leaving the next day to return back. Ofcourse I fought with them and finally they agreed. Moreover the owner Sardar said that the staff and even the Guests are scared of him. This shows the sickening mentality. Reminding all the travelers again BEAWARE OF BED BUGS

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Nonnie72
Reviewed 10 February 2012

we went to Goa to celebrate my husband's birthday, it was a five day trip...when we reached Tangerine we were a bit dissatisfied with the room as I wanted a bath tub in my room. On my request they shifted us to a Imperial Suite room on some extra payment....we were very happy with the room ....on the bday eve I had requested the front office staff to arrange for a bouquet, cake for my husband from my side as a gift and did a beautiful floral decoration in our room and set the room with a big bouquet card and cake....when I asked for the charges...they said it was a complimentary gift from their side....I was very happy with the arrangement... and my husband was really surprised...thanks for the treatment............

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Have been going to goa for a few years now, thought we would pay a bit more and upgrade room , had been reading the reviews and hoped it wouldn't be as bad as people made out, it is the hotel from hell. On our arrival we had 3 rooms booked, when we got there, the rooms hadn't been cleaned and had to wait 2 hours , we were then given room 105' ground floor, no balcony, asked for high floor. As soon as we walked into our room, it smelt of sewage, coming from the drain in the bathroom, the room had black mould on all the Walls and ceiling, as it was an end room, and stunk of damp, the patio door looked out to , what was suppose to be a swimming pool, which, had no water in, all the two weeks we were there, and it looked like a building site....I asked reception to change our room as we couldn't stay in there, do to smell and damp, the bed was cold and damp too, they then moved us to another room , third floor, told us they were going to paint the old room, so we stayed in that room for 5 days, then was told we had to move back to room 105, and that it was ok now, when we moved back in, all they had done is paint the ceiling in the bathroom, to try and hide the nasty smell in there, to
The towels were damp and the toilet roll, they said we had to stay there, so we had no choice, we had to go and buy plug in so we could try and cope in there, we both ended up with coughs, colds, and I had a chest infection, due to the dampness.the mould was so bad on the Walls, and we had paid for the upgrade . All our clothes were damp when we put them on and smelt, no one seem to care. We could not sleep at all due to smell.it was so noisy till 4 in morning, with loads of students staying there and banging doors all night...we go away at least 6 times a year, and in all the years, I have never had such a filthy, smelly, disgusting room, and this spoilt our holiday, the staff really don't care at all, please don't book this hotel, all the bad reviews are true......never ever again.....

Room tip: Don't go there....
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank catlyne
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I wanted to extend my Birthday Celebrations and chose Goa. Since this was my first trip after my Honeymoon, i was looking for some relaxed stay in Goa and hence decided to book for 4N5D.

Well, if i had chosen a shack or a Non AC Dharamshala or even put up in my car the experience would have been better. Well the only thing that we came back to the hotel for was to sleep at nights.

About the resturant, this is one place that should be shut down cause it is a health hazard for people spending time over there. The food was so bad that after eating just one meal ( When i had paid in advance for all meals) i decided to throw away the coupons.

The walls are chiping off and the water in the swiming pool looks toxic. Well in short, even writing about this hotel is a waste of time. And yes all the photos put up by the travellers are true, even the one which shows a giant mould formation (the best part is this that it is in the resturant).

The staff :) if i might call them that, could have atleast apoligised for the utter sham that they call a hotel, but seems like they know the suckers who have come to Goa and how to scam them of more money.

I feel ashamed that i had stayed in a hotel like this (specially since i am from mumbai). People of the world, my advice to you is that, PLEASE DONT STAY THERE EVEN IF YOU ARE PAID FOR IT.

Thanks.

Ps: To the owners of the hotel, Please burn the place down.

Room tip: Do not go by the pictures of the place, its actually more terrible than the worst picture makes it look. Even spending 100 rupees per night at this place is a waste.
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank shankhs
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We went to Tangerine for a family get together in the month of Jan. It was a segregated group as my cousins were travelling from different parts of the country and some from abroad...Tangerine was suggested to me with a couple of other options by Travelguru...We were 25 pax in all and were comfortably accomodated in the Imperial Suite rooms of Tangerine...the room interiors are very nicely done....we all were togethr after a long time so we all used to be in one of the rooms and the size of the room was very comfortable...first day we had food at one of the shacks in goa it was quiet delicious but the only problem was with such a big group it became difficult to accomodate everyone in one place at one time, so for rest of the days we decided to have it in Tangerine and then leave for exploring Goa...and swear it was a good option the food is delicious and they dint mind serving us in the room with some extra charges....special thanks to the House keeping and Resturant service staff.....All my cousins were very happy with my arrangements...Thanks ...sure to visit again.......

Room tip: Do direct booking with the Hotel
Date of stay: January 2012