“Great little place in the heart of Calangute”
Review of 10 Calangute

10 Calangute
Ranked #27 of 114 Hotels in Calangute
Bengaluru, India
“Great little place in the heart of Calangute”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We had a great stay at this sweet little hotel in Calangute. We were a group of 4 adults with 4 kids and had taken two superior terrace rooms. The room sizes were massive and even with teh complimentary extra bed , there was enough space to move around. The bathrooms were goo sized too - although the Jacuzzi (a hit with the kids) did start to emanate a bad odor after the first use. The shower cubicle was good... toiletries were fine. The nicest part of the hotel was the service and warmth. Breakfast was decent and varied on all the days. Food was reasonably priced and quite tasty (a little bland but they adjusted it after we requested them to). Our AC was'nt chilling the first night but they were prompt in getting it fixed. I really want to thank Shubhankar and Victor and the rest of the staff for making it a memorable stay. Oh...the only problem was that the swimming pool was really really small.
The hotel's location is great with superstores, car/bike rentals, shops just a stone's throw away.. I strongly recommend this hotel for groups.

Room Tip: Go for superior terrace rooms - marginally more expensive but the room sizes are so large and the te...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Mumbai
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I had searched across quiet a few hotels, before I stumbled onto this one. I stayed here from 12th to 14th October 2012. It was a short trip with my wife, since we needed a break from Mumbai. The journey from the pickup was not that exciting, the van really needs some work to be done especially on the AC. But since we came beyond their schedule pick-up time, it was nice of them to at least arrange for our pick-up. The entrance to the reception may not excite you, but step to the Lobby and it's nothing less than 4 star lobby, bright and open. The deal was great, and the room we asked we got it. I would advice speaking with the people directly there to get some good addition deal in your package.

Coming to the room, we had asked for Superior Room with Terrace, which was unavailable at any site, but we got after directly speaking with the hotel. The room allotted to us was Vagator. The moment we entered the room, there was just one word Wow!!! They have rooms at par with 5 Star place... Huge! And the Terrace makes it looks bigger. The bathroom has bathtub with jacuzzi, which my wife just went crazy about. The room was spotless. I think, Rahul, ensured that he explained everything to us before he left us to ponder over where we have landed... The place ensured that we forget that we are in GOA. The breakfast can be ignored... limited choices, but delightful. The swimming pool is small, so good for a dip or lazying. The beaches, Calangute (4km) and Baga (8km) are close by. The security guard can arrange for a bike (250 per day) or cab as per your request. If you are looking for SPA, then a 4 minute walk, will take you to SNIP salon and spa.

The hotel staff are great bunch of people & they are always there to help. Service was good and they checked on our timing for breakfast or diner, if we were not there. At the end of everything, when we were planning to leave, they arranged for a cab, with site seeing and drop at the airport at nominal rate. I truely believe, this place is worth staying at... Great Hospitality!! I rate this place at 4.5 Star out of 5. Will stay again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the Terrace room, but there are only two there.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saurav N
Pratapgarh, India
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed there between 24 September to 29 September 2012. It was a great deal even before I checked in; due to attractive package they offered. I stayed there with my wife and my 5 years old daughter. The room allotted us was Colva, my first word at the glance was wow!!!! They have rooms at par with Taj and Leela; believe me you will be stunned with the room size, bathroom and cleanliness.
The hotel staff is beyond expectation; they are always there to help any of your issue no matter what it relates to; at the same time they always maintain your privacy by providing you the rooms you require. It was all hassle free airport pick, stay and drop off. The free breakfast and the food they serve is mouth licking and fairly priced as well.
I wish there was a gymnasium too; as I missed it there. Though the amenities they provide with the price are already a great bargain. But I assume they have some space around the pool to install a small work out station. I already spoke to all my friends to check it there; in fact some of them have already planned with the same hotel.
Great value for money, go with confidence.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank VirenderSinghRao
Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India
Reviewed 6 October 2012

good place to chill out.
baga beach is really nice with delicious sea food available in the evening :)
also liked the titos club street.
overall i liked the place, the entire piece is put together with a lot of thinking , the service was a wee bit slow but that could definitely be worked out, the rooms were neat and well put together, the overall experience was a memorable one....

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank abhimanyu_12
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I planned to Travel to Goa from 25th to 27th October 2012 and sent an e-mail checking for availability of accommodation. On confirmation of the price and availability on 28th September 2012, I added the bank account details online to transfer the funds and sent them the screenshot for confirmation of details. I had confirmed that the payment would be made on return from a trip to Kerala on 3rd October.

On 3rd October, I got a call from "10 Calangute" that the hotel has gone into maintenance and they will be unable to take my booking! I don't believe that the hotel could have gone into maintenance just as the "on-season" started. I don't know if they sold the room I had booked at a higher price or for a longer duration (since its a long weekend). I wouldn't trust such a hotel ever!

I would have rated it 'Terrible' had they not called me and told me before I made the transfer of funds.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank 553366
abandekar, Manager at 10 Calangute, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Dear Sir,

First of all we would like to apologize to our dear guest for the inconvenience caused to him, which one must consider as an incident that has taken place accidentally.

Its been a shocker for us to see such a comment about our service from a guest who has not even stayed with us. We strive very hard to deliver the finest service to our guests, and such a comment really compels us to think about one’s motive.

Let us brief the incident for a good cause to all…. On 28th Sep, you have sent us a mail with screen shot showing that you have added our hotel as a beneficiary and that you will transfer the money “within” 06 days i.e, by next Wednesday, 3rd Oct, 2012, which actually, you didn’t. Though, on the basis of the screen shot, we blocked a room on provisional basis for you for six days without any advance (for which you didn’t make any note in your comment). No hotel (in terms of inventory that we have – 10 rooms only) will block rooms for 06 days without any advance and a small boutique hotel like us cant even think of the same. But nevertheless we have gone out of the way to block a room for you on a special gesture.

On 3rd October, 2012, there was a major maintenance issue in one of the 10 rooms and because of that we immediately put that particular room on maintenance for next 20 days or more (which we are not sure then) and also dropped a mail to you saying that we no longer have rooms available. We waited for the whole day for your reply or call but as we didn’t get it, we only called you in the evening informing you about the non availability of the room.

It is to be noted here that we have informed you about the non availability of the room even before you made any sort of advance deposit (adding up our account for 07 days – which normally takes 24/36 hours maximum). Inspite of that you have written such a demoralizing review.

There is a serious maintenance issue in the room and we are not happy on losing the revenues and draining more money in maintenance. Even if you have made the advance deposit and as such an incident has taken place, we would have refunded the money in your bank account on the very next day.

Please do not assume that we have sold that room on higher rates. Also your statement which says that “the hotel” is under maintenance, is incorrect. We never mention in our mail or over phone that “the hotel” is under maintenance. Only a room has gone under maintenance. We can even send you the picture of the same room, which is undergoing maintenance, to justify ourselves.

We have worked extremely hard to position “10 Calangute” as one of the finest boutique hotel in North Goa and we have hard earned those genuine reviews which you must have seen on the review portal.

Still we would like to apologize deeply once again with much regret for the incident that took place which was of course accidental and unintentional, resulting to the inconvenience caused to you. We would definitely like to keep this incident as a learning experience for us at the back of our mind while taking future bookings.

10 Calangute Management