All reviews swimming pool set in lovely gardens homely feeling cleaned daily visiting goa well maintained and clean peaceful place mini fridge peace and quiet deluxe room excellent hospitality will visit again home away from home maria hall nice pool restaurant staff reception staff
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

A lovely place to be in family for holidays ✌
Good quality/price, very calm and the staff is very helpful. Basic comfort but clean and beautiful place. There is a cute cat also, my kids gave him a name: Calinou
You can easily go by the sea and shopping even by walk.
Good place to be to relax and have fun in the large swimming pool.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Karin L
Neville M, General Manager at Carina Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Karin

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking time out to post your review. The team @ Carina was very pleased and happy to host you. We are glad that you appreciated our service and facilities.

We look forward to host you again. Do write to us on your next visit. Take care.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

While the rooms are basic and strictly functional (this is not a luxury resort), the hotel itself provides a well cared for garden retreat within easy walking distance of the beach and restaurants. The pool is an added bonus and my tip is get a first floor room overlooking the gardens and sit back and enjoy the peace.

The staff are lovely and very helpful. We were there in the monsoon so guest numbers were not high but a tasty breakfast was provided and the overall atmosphere was relaxed and welcoming.

For me, the best part was the feeling of space and refreshing outdoor life and the lovely people working there. Easy to get to Margao (bus is 10 INR one way from Maria Hall) or other places nearby along the beach.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Abrah

Dear Abrah

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking time out to post your review. The team @ Carina was very pleased and happy to host you. We are glad that you appreciated our service, ambiance, restaurant and other facilities.

We are very lucky to be part of a very friendly and peaceful village and still close to the quite and clean benaulim beach. Transportation by taxi, auto rickshaw, car/bike rental is also easily available (arranged by our front office or around the resort) in the village.

Neville Menezes

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed from 22nd to 25th june..we were a group of 7 friends.Hotel outlook is very nice with lots of greenery around. It's a very beautiful and serene place with lots of space to walk around.Lots of birds chirping around all day.Special mention about food is that it was very tasty both breakfast and dinner .One day cook messed up with our menu still would like to recommend it...As it was off season ..there was no buffet but choice from a list of items and it was sufficient.There is nothing bad about the resort but would still like to point out certain thing which we didn't like and would like the management to take into consideration...
1..we had to ask daily for complimentary water bottles (It should have been kept daily without our asking..On first day it was kept without asking)
2.we also had to ask for tea/cofee sachets and toiletries (On first day it was kept...rest we had to ask)
3.we didn't use the pool daily...but wanted to use it on Sunday after we had gone out for some time .. .but to our surprised when we came back we found some outsiders of 20 people in pool.we complained and management emptied the pool in half an hour...Only one regret that pool became dirty after the guys left...so please make sure...dont allow outsiders to use the pool when hotel is occupied.

Complains apart....ITS A NICE PLACE AND WOULD LOVE TO VISIT AGAIN...

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank minu13
Reviewed 5 July 2018

A wonderful, clean resort just a km away from Benaulim beach (annex). The rooms are spacious and very clean. The staff (except in the restaurant) are excellent. (The restaurant staff needs to be trained in providing basic services). The whole resort, including the garden and swimming pool have been very well maintained. To top it all, the breakfast was excellent. Total value for money

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank sbrrao
Reviewed 3 July 2018

I have waited a few months before writing this review to get my mind straight. I want to warn all would-be guests at this resort....my bag was snatched on the road about 50 yards from the hotel entrance one night about 10pm. My husband and I were walking back after having had dinner in the village. Two men on a moped, lights off, very quietly, came up behind us and grabbed my bag and sped off. I was holding my bag and my hand was cut and badly bruised, so was my arm. We had to go to the police station at Colva to report the incident and get proof of the theft for the insurance company. It was after midnight when we returned to the hotel and that experience itself was not pleasant. After the event a young female staff member told me it is a dangerous road and you should never carry a bag. Why did the hotel management not warn us on check-in? So be warned. I would have appreciated being told beforehand.

As regards the hotel itself it was a place of extremes. Extremely good in some aspects, extremely bad in others. Good?.....breakfasts, staff, gardens, dinners. Bad?....rooms, lunches, path through the jungle to the beach (do not attempt it).

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank farawaynut
Neville M, General Manager at Carina Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Guest (name not disclosed)

As mentioned previously, we have raised this review as "false" in an attempt to claim insurance only. My staff was very helpful in assisting you with the police complaint and we even waived off some of your room charges believing you initially but after some investigation from our end with the locality and police, we identified your case as a fraud to avail an insurance claim only.

It is very disappointing to see guests like you who damage the property and locality name for one's personal benefits. Benaulim is one of the most friendly and peaceful villages with minimal crimes and one of Goa's cleanest beaches due to a strong participation by the local villagers to maintain its status.