Lowest prices for your stay
$200
Priceline$200
Hotels.com$200
travelup.com$275
4,785 results
All reviews lobster shack jiva spa pool villa tex kids golf course coffee shop sea facing main building arabian sea special mention beautiful property private beach in room dining f b every evening special thanks duty manager
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2019

Visit paradise while you can.- 56 acres of s luxurious resort of manicured gardens and right on the most beautiful beach in Goa. All services including the delicious gourmet meals were excellent and the stay in the private pool villa offered private luxury experience at it's best.

Room tip: Private pool villa.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Scenic165787
Exoticagoa, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2019

Hi Scenic165787

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with our entire team at the resort. I am certain this will serve as a source of inspiration for us in achieving higher standards of excellence.
We are all looking forward to your next visit to your home in Goa, Taj Exotica Resort & Spa for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 25 September 2019

Everything was good... in line with what you expect in a Taj Hotel. The team which serves you were just superb... cheerful, competent and helpful. Only the veg. menu was perhaps limited.... one of us was a veggie and so was a bit unsatisfied with the fare. Rest of us had a blast with the food. Missed the Lobster Shack which was closed as it was off-season.

Room tip: Seek rooms close to the Restaurant Sala de Panzo and the beach.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Taj Hotels & Resorts
Exoticagoa, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2019

HI 623gautamc

Thank you for your wonderful review of our resort. It gives us great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort. It is feedback such as yours that inspires the team and me to constantly strive for excellence and to make sure that our guests leave the resort with fond memories.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to our paradise for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 25 September 2019

The staff hospitality is really amazing. I would like to give a special mention to "Roicy" who took very good care of us. Check-in experience was seemless. She informed about all the facilities available, provided early check-in and late check-out. We were even reimbursed airport cab charges when she found out that airport transport should have been complementary and it wasn't communicated to us. As we travelled with our 5 months old kid, baby cot and all baby accessories were provided in the room. She even arranged a cake to celebrate our kid's first vacation which was really nice touch.

The villa is newly renovated, well decorated, had a big garden at the back. Very quite, peaceful and huge lush green property. I enjoyed the early morning runs. The beach was also serene and not crowded. The pool was clean and had various Sun loungers. My wife also took spa and really liked the massage and whole experience. Happy hours at lounge bar and sitting in a veranda overlooking the ocean was awesome.

Definitely worth a visit.

Things to improve:

The food quality could have been better. We had food several times at sala Da pranzo restaurant. Ordered North Indian, Italian food. The wow factor is missing.

The access to beach is restricted and there are fences with security guards, separating property from the beach. it didn't look like private beach as I could spot local people. The stray dogs on the beach really ruined the experience. Beach was not super clean as well.

Trip type: Travelled with family

HI praveens36

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent experience with us. We are honored to read that we made your stay in Goa one to remember.
Our high quality of service is one of our main assets and our dedicated teams are proud to welcome and spoil our valuable guests.
Our associates join me in thanking you once again for your kind feedback, and we all look forward to welcoming you back at your goan home.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 22 September 2019

We stayed at the Taj Exotica for 4 nights; from 14-17 September. It was divine. We had stayed at the Taj Holiday Village, north Goa, a few years ago. We've been wanting to stay at the Exotica for many years.

We took a garden villa room at the ground level and with a lovely garden view. The check-in was done very personally and was super quick. Within minutes, we were whisked away in their electric golf cart to our room, which was some distance away. Walkable wonderfully for most of us, but perhaps not for older guests. Nevertheless, buggies are available 24/7 on call and they come very quickly to fetch you or drop you.

I loved my room. It was large and very spacious. It had a sit-out verandah that opened up to a very large lawn. I could walk on the grass with my bare feet. The room was very clean and well-stocked up. Bathrooms were very large; with a bath tub as well as a standalone shower area. I was looking for my favourite Forest Essentials hair oil which every Taj used to provide till last year, but of late at every Taj property, I have had to specially ask for it. Taj Exotica did not have it. It’s a very minor crib, though.

Bed was good, but the mattress and pillows were too soft for my taste. But large hotels have usually very soft mattresses and pillows. The housekeeping was very efficient and they have an evening service as well.

The service was excellent. Food was also very good. We had an all-meals plan. Typically, I would like to take a room + breakfast option only as we like to try outside food at different restaurants elsewhere. But since Taj Exotica is 3 kms off the main road and there are hardly any restaurants even on the main road (after walking this 3-km stretch), we decided to have all our meals at the Taj. There are three restaurants at this Taj; the main is the coffee shop, then there is the Goan specialty restaurants at lobby level which is open only for dinners (prior reservation required here) and the third one is a lobster restaurant at the beach. The lobster restaurant is shut during monsoon, so we could not try that. We did the Goan restaurant on one of the days- which was also my birthday- and the food was awesome. Rest of the meals we had at the main ground level restaurant. The entire staff at all these restaurants, especially the coffee shop regular restaurant, was awesome. They took very good care of us.

Let us quickly go through the pros and cons.

Pros
The service is exemplary. The staff is very good, you really feel pampered. One day, I had to leave for Panjim very early morning at about 6:30 am, I was worried about my mother’s breakfast. She wasn’t going to the restaurant to have a breakfast on her own. I asked a spectacled senior member of restaurant staff (in a blue shirt) if it’s possible to get my mom’s breakfast in the room the next day. He said, “You mustn’t ask if it’s possible. Just tell us and it SHALL be done.” I didn’t get his name, but he wears spectacles, a supervisor level at the all-day dining restaurant and a young chap. Such care-taking makes a big difference.

Food was great. Do try other restaurants as well. I wish the lobster beach restaurant was open. We missed it. The Goan restaurant was awesome.

Excellent beach. It’s a very large beach and well-maintained, even in monsoons, which is a rarity in Goa. Not much populated, so all the more better. Do not miss the sunset. The beach is so smooth to walk on.

Gorgeous and very well-maintained property. Great location. South Goa is much better, beautiful and peaceful than north Goa.

The resort gave cycles on hire; complimentary. Long and nice paths to bike around. Since I love cycling, it was great.

Cons
Fan; I found my room’s ceiling fan whirled very slowly. I had to use air-conditioner all the time, which I did not like. The fan is supposed to whirl at a faster speed for those who do not like using the AC all the time. And in Goa, we like the breeze to come in. I missed that.

Very expensive: The place is very expensive. And so is transportation / hotel taxis. Also, if you do not have your own car, you are stuck at the hotel for all your meals. Food is expensive. Better to take breakfast + dinner option, and have a light a-la carte lunch if you can manage.

All in all. Taj Exotica was great. Highly recommended.

Room tip: All rooms are good. We took the Premium Villa Room Garden View and we loved it.
2  Thank Kayezad A
Exoticagoa, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2019

Hi Kayezad A

Reviewed 22 September 2019

Taj exotica is an amazing property..The resort is very kid friendly..The buffet breakfast is amazing...It has all the facilities which are required for a perfect holiday ....Living here was an amazing experience!

Room tip: Rooms were superb with all the facilities
  • Trip type: Travelled with family