Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here after travelling India for a month and loved the idea of relaxing by the pool but to our amazement the pool was 'under maintenance' but whilst we stayed there not a single person went to look at this. When we arrived at the hotel the member of the staff sat there with earphones in taking a personal call. We then got the wifi password to which we then found it didn't reach or work in our room. The room was dirty and had newspaper shoved into holes in the walls. It's safe to say we spent one night there before finding alternative accommodation. When we brought the issues up with the staff we got laughed at, so rude. I would highly recommend avoiding this place like the plague!!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank jaybennett88
Reviewed 29 August 2017

It was a low season when we stayed there. We had a room with a view on the rural road. It was not so picturesque, but later we realized that it gave us a sense of privacy, in comparison to the ones which faced the swimming pool. Room was spacious and relatively clean :) We had a wi-fi connection right in the room. The hotel itself is 10-15 min walk to the sea. We enjoyed walking, so it wasn't a problem to us. There is a supermarket, bus stop and currency exchange in close vicinity.

Date of stay: October 2016
1  Thank yolga06
Reviewed 1 April 2017

We (four friends) stayed in this property during March 2017. We got a better deal through Travigo and the stay was worth the money we spent (Without the deal, it would have been an expensive stay for the quality of service they offer). My recommendation is better to look for good deals on this property before booking. This property is a combination of a hotel, a swimming pool (a small one) and a restaurant in a very very small place on the Benaulim beach road. They are maintaining the pool well. Rooms are cozy and ACs are working fine. But for the torn towels that they provided, everything was a good experience for us at this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Poorna V
StaroftheseaBenaulim, Owner at Star of the Sea Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Sir, thank you for the feedback regarding the linen. We are glad to know that you had a good stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

OK so, the main reason I chose this was that it had a pool. After a week in a beach front cabin Id already decided I needed a pool.

Id even read the TA reviews and decided this place was going to be ok. I booked by accident, 5 nights, one more than needed. They werent interested in helping me get a refund. Poos customer service and unsafe rooms as far as security goes in my opinion.

Now, at checking no one was there. I went to the restaurant, was told rather abruptly that the hotel was nothing to do with them! So, whole a resturant is onsite its not connected. Well thats me NOT using that then during my stay.

After around a 10 min wait I got checked in, the formalities of copying my passport an filling out the register. I stayed on the second floor. Place was full apparently. So I got in the room, the door lock was inadequate. The TV was broken the fridge absolutely stank and the wardrobe doors were broken. Plus the walls and doors were grimy and dirty. My balcony view was that of a rubbish tip on the plot next door. The bedclothes had rips in them too.

I complained about the TV, it never got sorted. I sorted it myself, the coax cable had detached itself and the TV needed tuning. During the 2nd night the AC broke. I complained, was advised "we will take a look tomorrow." I couldn't change rooms
as the place was full.

There seemed to be a few Brits and a lot of Russians. The Brits who I spoke to raved about the place saying how nice it was. I can only guess their standards were a lot lower than mine.

Security. NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT - And my sole reason to advise not to stay. The door lock was insufficient. The handle was packed out with cardboard. The balcony sliding door was a joke. Totally insecure. BUT THE WORST, behind the smaller bed next to the bathroom there was a small window behind the curtain which was drawn. The window was left open. A thief could quite easily have climbed up outside and popped in/out through that window undetected. It was as if it had been left and hidden behind closed curtains deliberately.

So i had to carry all my valuable documents with me at all times and daily i locked my solid Samsonite case and chained it to the bathroom plumbing. I did not incur any losses. Thankfully.

The walls of the room were dirty and grubby. The general decor of the place was run down. The best feature was the pool. The sunbeds were worn and grubby. Tiles missing from the pool.

When I asked to speak to the manager i was told - there is no manager we are all the same!"

So, by Indian standards it was probably OK, by international ones, it wouldn't make the rating scale. I didn't expect 5 star but i did expect cleanliness and security.

Finally. The WiFi. Total garbage. Only works in the reception area. Slow.

DO NOT stay here. Find alternatives.

Room tip: If you HAVE to stay get a pool view room otherwise stay somewhere else
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank MITCHpl
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Stay at SOTS many times. Booked for this year as usual. Reserved room as we left last season and left our usual box of holiday equipment with the staff. Phoned to confirm arrival time and told booking cancelled- two weeks before we traveled. No excuse, apology or reason. Management of the accommodation must take the blame. When we did arrive in Benaulim, which we love, we went and met the owner - Dr E Vaz. Again no reason given, all he could say was he was so sorry!! I hope he gets the same treatment when he books his next hotel.

Date of stay: December 2016