Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 October 2017

We wanted till such a long time to find a place in India to spend our time with local people and discover their way of life, meet them in their space and share unforgettable moments... we found it !!!
Thank you Nicole, Charlie, Ethan, Emma and... Shanti, Softy and Midnight
Hope to see you again... in India or elsewhere...
Don't change anything, it's perfect

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nicolegoa, Owner at Simply Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thank you so much! Hope to see you again too! Love from all of us here

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

It was a perfect stay at simply homestay. Nicole's family was very welcoming. The room was very bright and clean, with a fantastic view of the fields. We loved the warmth and beauty of the place. Nicole and her famiy helped us plan our short visit in South Goa. Nicole infact took us for a quick tour of the town. The homestay is very close to Benaulim and Sernabatim beach, it was thus very convenient for us to visit the beaches. Spending some time with Nicole and her family, made us get a small glimpse of the simplicity of life in a small city/village. We have come back with very good memories and a longing to move away from the big city life.

Our first experience of staying at a home stay, makes it a preferred option for us now. I definitely would say no to a hotel. Special mention to Nicole's heartfelt serving of breakfast , her children and her pets.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Nicolegoa, Owner at Simply Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Sapna, It was a pleasure to have you here. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us! And I really hope our paths will cross again! Take care ♥️

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend this bed n breakfast !!
I stayed for one night with my kids and mom at Nicole and Charlie's homestay and wish we'd had more time!!
The location is quiet and idyllic, with elegant rooms facing emerald rice fields. Lush views!!
Rooms are separated from the main house, so a lot of privacy too!Spotlessly clean with comfortable beds and tea/coffee making facilities too.
The ample Breakfast provided is delicious and fresh! Local organic fruits, indian breads, eggs etc. a veritable feast!
The family are one of the warmest , generous and most hospitable people one can come across. My kids loved playing carrom and with your peaceful dog !
I highly recommend Simply homestay for an honest local experience of Goan culture and to be able to wind down , relax and feel at home!
Thank you Nicole and Charlie for such a great time at your place!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Nicolegoa, Owner at Simply Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thank you for the lovely review. We also wished you would have had more time with us! Till again... hopefully! Take care

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We stayed at Simply Homestay in the first week of July’17. This was the first time we were traveling to Goa as a family. We were glad that we shortlisted this homestay. Nichole and Charles are the perfect hosts and make you feel like home. Right from the time we arrived Ethan and Emma bonded with us and kids. It didn’t look like we met for the first time.
Rooms:
We had booked two rooms and they were just perfect with all the necessities you need while on vacation. As we checked in we found the warm welcome note from Nichole. The view from the room overlooking the paddy field is the best. When we woke up the following day we just kept starring at the greenery and couldn’t get enough of it. Got distracted with the aroma coming from the kitchen and headed straight to the table. The best part of the trip for me was I could give home cooked meals to my daughters who are 7, 3 and 1 and Nicole welcomed me in her kitchen.
Food:
Homemade wholesome breakfast is the best. Loads of fresh fruit…variety of cereals, eggs options was a big hit. The chappatis (Indian bread) with homemade mango jam was nice. Avocado dip on toasted bread was awesome. Since we mentioned that we loved sea food our lunch was just perfect…fish curry, fish fry and local greens.

We basically wanted to just relax at home so we didn’t do much of city tour. Few things which we did were Visit to the Margao market with the expert (Charlie). We did visit the Baaga beach and Benalium stretch. The sea was rough so we just walked along the beach side and dipped our legs. We spent our afternoon playing boardgames…dumb charade…and enjoying the short showers during the day.

Overall we loved our stay and we definitely wish to come back.

Room tip: Both the rooms are nice
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Nicolegoa, Owner at Simply Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you Janet. We enjoyed the time with you too and definitely wish for you to come back! Lovely family! Keep in touch!

Reviewed 23 February 2017

Charlie and Nicole were exceptional hosts…and now friends! This was my first trip to India – going solo – and, when I asked my travel agent for something other than a typical Western hotel experience in Goa, he recommended staying at Simply Homestay.

From the moment I arrived, I felt like I was at home with a family I’ve known for a long time. Their two kids are adorable, as are their pets. The room I stayed in was in a separate guesthouse behind their home. My room overlooked a beautiful rice plantation. It had an overhead fan (above the bed), a queen-sized comfortable bed, a nice bathroom with shower, a mini-fridge with filtered water in it, a coffee maker, and a cute table and chairs. It was exactly what I needed. Plus, each morning, their nanny/housekeeper Maria would make a wonderful Goan breakfast. I arrived late the first night after traveling from London and was a bit out of it. They welcomed me at their dinner table and offerred me some leftovers, since I clearly looked too tired to go out!

Charlie owns a tourguide company and I paid for a private an awesome private tour of both Old and New Goa. We went to markets, churches, ruins, tea/spice plantation, and more. Another day I did a crabfishing boat ride that Charlie arranged – it was also a lot of fun and a different way to see the area.

The beach is very close to their house – either a nice walk or tuk tuk ride. It was very easy to get around the area. The owners of the guesthouse are so beloved, that when I was on the beach and needed to get back to their house, all I had to do was say “I need a tuk tuk to Charlie and Nicole’s” and I was safely taken “home”!

I loved staying there so much, I even came back for an extra night after finishing a yoga retreat. I highly recommend this to anyone traveling in the area – it was unique, welcoming, convenient, and very special. Of my three weeks of visiting India, it is easy for me to say that staying with the Da Silvas was the most memorable.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Nicolegoa, Owner at Simply Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

Dear Mindy, Thank you very much for your review. We enjoyed the time with you a lot and looking forward to welcome you again! Keep in touch! Love from us