“FOOD POSIONING, STAFF ISSUES...MUST I SAY MORE..YES...READ ON”

Royal Heritage Resort
Ranked #161 of 209 Bardez B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 April 2011

I don't normally write reviews as most hotels I use are recommended by friends and family on this occasion this hotel was recommend by friends.
Prior to booking I had asked expedia to confirm some details directly with the hotel and everything apart from the transfer amount was confirmed by the hotel.
Please note I am a seasoned traveller especially where India is concerned. before arriving to Goa I had already travelled via train with my guest to dehli, hardiwar, amrtisar, chandigar, jodphur and mumbai.

I picked this hotel because:
It wasn't far from the beach- actually it's 25mins from the beach through some less than respectable avenues. I would not recommend this to women only travellers

Salon facilities - the business has been sold and the hotel tried to get me to book in with the centre across from them which of course is highly priced

Restaurant - is so close to the pool you may as well drink to pool water. I ordered a fish dish which came to me in a thick bbq sauce and not the butter garlic sauce as printed on the menu ( imagine they didnt want me to recognise the poor quality ) . Within 30mins I was violently sick for the remainder of my trip ( 7 days) and then some when I arrived back in the UK. I have since caught a viral infection and had a sever allergic reaction. This is due to a lowered immune system casued by the food I ate at this hotel.

Swimming pool - when we arrived they were cutting coconuts from the tree and they were falling from the tree into the pool. The pool wasn't drained later on it was just seived through with a large net. My thoughts went to the poor bugs that drowned and the poor parents who actually thought the pool was sanitary enough to swim in and encourgae their children to do the same.

Price - no matter what you pay you expect some level of service, this was never present. Unless you plan to pay for it. I required a transfer from the hotel to the railway station: the cost was 800rps and imagine this I walked outside and arranged a car with A/C for 250rps...SURPRISE. I had to ask staff to clean my room. The exchange rate was very poor however if you go outside and go to Thomas Cook you get a better deal. Clearly the food quality was very poor and your better off taking a 5minute walk to Spice World for superb food. Why ask the staff for help which your unlikely to get...thank god I spoke the lingo

MY absolute advice : PLEASE AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank sam001001
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 January 2011

I booked this hotel for 4 night staying over the new year 2010/11. I stayed with my girlfriend. The hotel is in an ok location about 20 minute good walk from the beach. On arrival at the hotel is seemed ok, pretty tidy maybe could do with a refurbishment soon. We stayed for 4 night and although the room was clean, we did not have it cleaned for the 4 days we were there, very poor considering we paid a lot to stay over the new year. On the last morning my girlfriend realised that she had £70 STOLEN out of her purse whilst we were out. Someone had come in our room and took the money! When I complained to the guy on the desk he looked at me with no expression and as if he didnt care. At the same time a Russian girl was also complaining that money had been stolen out of her room that same night. I would have reported it to the police but a taxi was waiting to take us to our next destination. The hotel would have been ok at best if this event hadn't of happened. I urge you to b very aware if booking this place and certainly dont leave any valuables in your room! If management of the hotel want to get in touch with me about this matter please e-mail at michaelsdillon@hotmail.co.uk I would be more than happy to talk to you.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mchael1802
Reviewed 24 December 2010

If you will come to this hotel do not pay a single Rupee advancc. If you have to cancell your booking getting your refund is more than a big job. Visa-credit helped me to get my money back.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2010

The accomodation is good & cleaniness also is very good.overall behavior of the staff members are also good. Staff members are co-operative & homely.Receptionist Mrs Deepa is very sweet & homely.The atmosphere of RHR is very good with coconut tree & shadows around like village atmosphere in town. Keep it up.But the dishes r expansive.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 28 May 2010

A good place to stay on the trip to Goa. The access to beach from hotel was quite easy. Staff was very good. Also the food quality was very good. There was a great choice of food at the hotel restaurant which was really great. One can enjoy the meals sitting at the corner of swimmimng pool.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank artidelhi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bardez
2.4 km away
0.1 km away
Nelmar Nest Guest House
Nelmar Nest Guest House
#7 of 215 in Calangute

Been to Royal Heritage Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK