See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Very nice guesthouse. Location is 5 minutes walking distance to many restaurants, and 15 minutes to the main beach with all the bars and music. I recommend this guest house, thank you and see you next time!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Special thanks goes to staff of this hidden gem for being so nice and helpful. The place is quiet and peaceful, except couple of dogfight nightly nearby. Once we heard noisy scratching from the bathroom, and there was cockroach. There was also scatter of mosquitos, and it is due to the roof structure of the apartment. There's also change to use kitchen and fridge to everyone in common. WiFi works very well and the shower was OK. The doors and walls are like cardboard, so you don't have any privacy. Anyhow, if you don't be so persnickety, you can easily enjoy for your staying in this basic hostel.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

What a special little oasis tucked away down a side street in Anjuna. Lucy, Francis and team gave my friend and I such a warm welcome right from the start of our week-long trip. Great little hidey holes within the tropical garden. Sunny Cow is kept extremely clean, one could not ask for a lovelier place to lay their head.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2017

The Sunny Cow Villa is tucked away off a side street near to Anjuna Beach. It's about a 10 minute walk to the beach and a 3 minute walk to the main shopping strip.

I've just finished a two night stay here on the tail end of a 6 week stay in Goa and it was the perfect end to a beautiful trip. I stayed in the garden suite and it's very cute, nicely decorated and quaintly built. It looks like little hobbit house with curved ceilings and round windows. The shower is outside in a garden area and comes complete with a family of frogs :)

The staff are very friendly and helpful, happy to answer my long list of questions ranging from "where is the beach" to "where can I buy Tibetan singing bowls" and happy to give me price ranges for items I was interested in so I had some idea of where to start my negotiations at! Breakfast is included and lasts for 4 hours so you can sleep in if you like and still enjoy it.

The garden is cool and shady and very clean and maintained with lots of areas to relax and curl up with a book or use their wifi during the hottest hours of the day.

They offer you full use of the kitchen so you can self cater if that's what you like to do, and there is a supermarket about 5 minutes walk away.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Abbey d
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Pros:
10 min walk to Anjuna Beach

Nice garden outside

Were able to organise a bike (300r a day)
Breakfast was tasty
Wifi was OK

Cons:
Had to switch rooms half way through as our room had been given to an Air BnB booking (we asked if we could have an air con room which we were allowed for 2 nights before being moved to standard room).

Our first room was located at the front of the villa, which was quite noisey as you could hear all guest returning and bikes were parked right next to the window.
Part of the curtain was very sheer so people
Could also see in when they parked.

Second room the mattress was terrible! It appeared to be a foam mattress no more than an inch thick covered by a pillow topper.

The toilet would not flush anything. The toilet also had no screen over the holes to the outside so we were attacked by mosquitoes.

Limited breakfast options, and it was quite slow (just a warning to allow for extra time)

Highly recommend getting a room with air con as the rooms can be especially hot - the bathroom was so humid we couldn't even dry!

We were told there was a communal fridge which we kept some drinks in. Someone drank our beer and vodka. Not happy. Best to keep in your room and have a warm drink then no drink.

So many places to stay in the area. I will try somewhere else next time.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple