“A gem in South India!”
Review of Villa Anjuna

Villa Anjuna
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Anjuna
Reviewed 14 August 2009

After travelling around South India, this place was exactly what we needed to relax and enjoy Goa. The facilities are great - pool is lovely. The best thing about this place is the staff - they are so friendly, helpful and fun. The restaurant serves super good food - some of the best Indian food we had!Loved this place. The beach is just down the road but hire a scooter to explore the south beach in Anjuna and other beaches in the area. Had a lovely relaxing stay here - would definitel recommend and if I come back to Goa I will stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Villa Anjuna

Reviewed 2 June 2009

I'm actually two days away from going back to Villa Anjuna! I was there in April 2009, and I'm going back again now! This is the third time I'm going to this hotel. Ever since the first time I stayed here back in 2007, I can't think of staying elsewhere if I'm in Goa.

Love the place, love the staff, love the pool, the food, the fact that the cafe stays open 24/7, the sheer joy of being able to sip of a glass of freshly prepared, cool watermelon juice while lounging in the pool....

That's Villa Anjuna for you. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The pool is absolutely fabulous, although not very large (if there are a lot of people). It is open 24/7 as well, so if you're in the mood for a dip at 3 AM, you won't be disappointed.

I haven't tried their spa yet, but I have half a mind to, this time.

Sylvester is the star of Villa Anjuna. He'll meet you at the reception with a smile on his face, and you won't see that smile disappear during the entire duration of your stay. And not just Sylvester, every member of the staff at this place is a pleasure to interact with. When I was there in April, they gave us soap (coz we'd forgotten to bring our own), detergent powder (forgotten, again) and even medicines (coz we didn't have a bike and my boyfriend had a small injury on his foot). They're one of the best hotel staff I've EVER seen!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 21 May 2009

My friend and I stayed for 3 days in Villa Anjuna in November 2008.
It's not a big hotel, with a swimming pool (nice to have a swim there), internet facilities, and best of all: a superb staff at reception!!!
My friend's birthday was during our stay there, so they gave to her a present: a bouquet of flowers which was a really nice surprise!!!
Location is good, there are many restaurants near the hotel, with good prices. Beach is about 10 minutes walking.
Room is simple but ok. Our first night we were given a room in the ground floor which was quite dark, but the next day they gave us a better room in the 1st floor.
Price/Quality is really good.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Villa Anuna was very popular. It was fully booked wen we went in the begining of april 2009. This hotel is spaced out, so some rooms are a little walk from the pool and bar.
We had the opportunity to upgrade to a room next to the pool and it was worth the extra couple of pounds. For such a cheap hotel, it was very well run, very clean and the rooms were quite big. Th pool was well looked after and food served at the hotel was great. It is also in a great location and the beach is only a short walk away where you can walk past lots of stalls run by locals.
The staff were very helpful. The hotel hasits own vehicle that you rent out for a day for a very good price. Th driver took us everywhere and was very friendly and made sure we got our moneys worth.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2009

Our third visit to Villa Anjuna, my family's favourite, almost synonymous with a Goan holiday. The property continues to be well maintained, the pool is cleaned once or twice a day and the front office, room service and house keeping staff are as warm as ever.

A couple of additions. A projector has been fitted up in Cafe Pluto, so we enjoyed watching the English and European Leagues (soccer) and the Indian Premier League (cricket) games, some way past midnight. Moreover, you get a good view of the big screen from the pool, as well..!! The second addition was the Orange Spa for women, which my wife did not find time to visit.

Though the cafe menu is limited, it does not make too much a difference because the staff actually cook up anything special that you are looking for, like Goan Fish Curry, for instance. My only complaint was that the bar did not stock the Goan drink 'Feni'. It looks like there are not too many takers for this fine drink. However, there are dozens of shacks and restaurants in the vicinity that do so.

Our room was in the ground floor, overlooking the cafe and the pool. It included a junior bed, good for a child or a not too well built adult. Hot water is available 24x7, as are drinks and snacks. The main pool is safe for children, with a large area that is not too deep. Villa Anjuja has never failed to impress with the neatness and friendly staff. Keep it up..!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank JG-Blr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anjuna
0.3 km away
37.6 km away
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
#2 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to Villa Anjuna? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK