“Great Stay!!”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Anjuna
Newcastle
“Great Stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

My Partner and myself had a lovely stay at Spazio. We stayed there for 4 days and it was a wonderful place to come back after a long day of travel and relax in this quiet resort. Even though we enjoyed the noise of local traffic around Anjuna and other parts of Goa, it was nice to come back to our quiet and clean room. The staff are very friendly and we were always greeted with a smile and a pleasant word or two. One of them even gave us tips on how to get best bargains at the local market. Prices of the rooms were reasonable and for the quality we got I was most impressed. We got the room on the ground floor and it was a couple of steps away from the pool. The resort looks great both in and out with some cleverly thought styling piece in various places. Would recommend a stay at Spazio.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lewis J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I kicked off my world travels at Spazio and it was a great way to ease my way into India, with a bit of home comfort in rustic anjuna. The hotel was beautifully clean, rooms massively spacious and the pool area was really cute. Everyone at the hotel was super friendly and couldn't do enough to please - some of them even tried to give me a lesson in speaking hindi! The friendly laidback atmosphere made for a really pleasant stay.

You would never find somewhere this lovely for the price anywhere else in my opinion.
Definitely recommend staying at Spazio if you're off to Goa.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Katrina J
Goa, Goa, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

i have stayed ther twice and the location and the place itself is really awesome...a nice resort with the best amenities available...i highly recommend this lovely resort located in the heart of anjuna-goa

the staff and the amenities available are really worthwhile and has all the makings of a wonderful vacation in goa...

i was there twice and stayed there for like 3 days both the times...i look forward for my next trip there...i highly recommend this resort in anjuna which is in close proximity to all the hotspots in north goa

cheers

Room Tip: all the rooms are located in a convenient and a comfortable location
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank siddthaly
Indore, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

After the excellent online reviews, I booked a room for two for 3 days. I wanted to book for 4 days for an early check-in but the lady on phone said they'll provide early check-in if room is free and I don't need to book for 4 days.
Upon reaching there at 7 in the morning, the receptionist (Mr. Mahesh) first refused flatly an early check-in despite the room being available and asked us to wait till 2.30 pm. Then he demanded thousand rupees for early check-in. I told him to contact the person who booked us in or the manager, which he refused in a very rude - wait for them till 8 and sit here silently. I said, fine I'll pay for early check-in but give us the room right away. The service boy didn't even carry the luggage (although asked for a tip despite that).
We were given a dingy room on the ground floor, whose balcony had a blank wall and a mopping bucket staring at us. Also, if you open the balcony, it becomes a public place. If you close the balcony, it is a dingy smelling place.
When I asked for another room, I was told to get out of the room if I have so many problems. When I asked for the manager, the receptionist (Mr. Mahesh) told me that it will not be done and I can do whatever I can (jo karta bane kar le).
I waited in that dingy room till 9 and then talked to the new receptionist. She told me that there is no change possible and since I have paid the advance, nothing will be refunded. Further, If I decide to stay for just one day, I will have to pay all 3-day rent as a policy.
Manager was still not available.
Fed-up, we decided to take breakfast at 9.30. It was almost over. Some dry left-over type upma, toast and semi-warm tea / coffee.
I was so aghast that without caring for any refunds, I checked out at 11. They were visibly okay with that and I didn't even get any courtesy call.
All in all, high promises but damn crooked people. Highly not recommended for anyone in their right mind.

Room Tip: If you still want to book, specifically ask for "room on the top floor" or "room not...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Siddhartha R
ryanrodr, Owner at Spazio Leisure Resort, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Siddhartha, I am really amused by what you have written!!!. At the time when you were making an inquiry you were clearly told that one room was available. When you came in you demanded for a SEA VIEW room etc (NO WHERE in our communication or website does it mention we are a sea facing resort). You created so much fuss and noise, that you were a given the best room available, which was blocked for our regular guest who prefers that particular room as it is quiet. (The reception accommodated your request and ensured that you received the best service). In none of our past reviews has it EVER been mentioned that our rooms are dingy and face a toilet, I really found this amusing, as by now I know the hotel premises pretty well and there are NO rooms that face a TOILET :)

Our hotel USP is the cleanliness and spaciousness of our rooms, compared to other similar hotels in the area. We highly pride our self in this matter. All our rooms are pool facing with private balconies, none opening to any PUBLIC areas as you mention, unless you consider the pool area, public.

With reference to our staff Mahesh, he has been with us since the start of our resort and has been the 'Employee of the Month' several times for his exemplary service. An outburst from Mahesh is unheard of in Spazio, as he is seen as quiet, calm and a hard working individual. Any human being will react to unruly behavior. Our prior customers have never complained about our staff, on the contrary if you read our BELOW reviews, all of them highly commend our staff.

More so, how can you comment on sleep quality, when you did not even spend a day with us?

Well, we would appreciate that, before you go venting your anger on tripadvisor or other sites, please take the time to review your facts and then write a constructive feedback. We always look forward to feedback to BETTER our services.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Booked this hotel through booking.com and highly recommend this place. I was completely satisfied with the services provided by the helpful staff, clean and quiet environment (a welcome respite from city traffic), rooms, especially the bathrooms are spacious for a small hotel. I liked the food served at the restaurant, especially the Indian curries.

Keep up the good work!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Ahmed K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anjuna
2.5 km away
1.3 km away
LivingRoom by Seasons
LivingRoom by Seasons
#2 of 13 in Vagator

Been to Spazio Leisure Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK