“Very pleasant hostel with an amazing owner !!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Evershine Guest House

Evershine Guest House
Ranked #29 of 62 Speciality Lodging in Anjuna
Chennai, India
“Very pleasant hostel with an amazing owner !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

The hostel is around a 10 minutes walk from the Anjuna beach. I stayed in a double room with a friend. The room was clean and all the accessories were functional. The owner hands over the keys and then the room is all yours until you leave. So you get your personal space. The owner can also help you hire bikes through her contacts, which saves you some work.
All the aforementioned stuff may be in most of the hostels, but the whole difference of Evershine is the owner. She goes out of her way to make us feel home. She introduces us to the other guests, so it is very easy to learn from the other guests about the places to visit, things to go etc. At times, you end up ordering Pizza and eat with other guests, just like a group of friends.
So I would definitely stay there, if I were to go to Goa again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Travel_Wizard007
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Evershine guesthouse has the nicest and warmest owner I've ever met. I walked in with no booking and Sebastiana (the owner) was kind enough to take me in. Right away she makes you feel at home with a welcome drink and introduces you to all the other travellers. It's the perfect place to relax, calm down and have a good time. The atmosphere is filled with love and laugher and Sebastiana and her lovely young cleaner Nigamma are always up for a good story telling. Instead of a few days, I ended up staying there almost month. The rooms and dorms are cosy and clean. If you consider going to Anjuna then don't miss out on Evershine guesthouse!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Vanessa W
Goa, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Let me begin by telling you the kind of person your reading this review from, that way, you, the reader has a good idea of the kind of perspective Evershine guesthouse was viewed from.
I am very fussy about the places I choose to stay in, I require my comforts, & there are things that I will not tolerate, you can say my tolerance is a lil lower then some, & im not afraid to say whats on my mind.
I booked the superior double room at Evershine, at that point of my travels Evershine would have been the 3rd place I stayed in Goa, & I was already at my wits end at the false information owners state about the kind of accommodation provided & the attitude the owners give you during your stay, along with allowing there guests to live in filth, so mentally upon arrival I was not in a good place.
I was welcomed by Sabastiana with a welcome drink & a smile that lit up Anjuna, she then showed me choices of rooms that I may prefer over the room I had already booked, what a wonderful turnaround my stay in Goa had taken, I was over the moon over the choices she gave me, every room was more beautiful then the nxt. I was so pleased with the atmosphere, the cleanliness & was extremely surprised I was getting a room of such standard at the price I was paying.
Evershine was my light at the end of the tunnel, & that’s just the place, as for the ppl, I cant say enough about how helpful & lovely everyone was. I fell inlove with my room & the ppl looking after me, I didn’t wanto leave, infact instead of staying a week, I ended up staying over a month!, so I goto experience some of the up’s & down’s of Evershine, let me share one of them with you:
A young lad fell ill from food poisoning at a a local restaurant in anjuna, Sebastiana immediately had a driver take him to hospital, she then would go check in on him constantly, & bring him things he may need ( a change of clothes etc). She also made sure that all of his belongings were stored away safely until his return, that’s the kind of kindness & trust you cant pay for, not even at a 5star hotel.
Your room is cleaned upon request by the cutest young woman you ever did see, NingaMa is her name & cleaning is her game….she has the kind of energy you always wanto be around, & so playful, im going to miss her dearly.
The care that’s given & the trust you can feel gives Evershine the number one reputation it deserves, now I know why its rated the number one guesthouse in Goa.
Sebastiana takes time to talk to & befriend her guests, she has the most wonderful laugh & a cheeky sense of humor that I enjoyed so very much.
Sebastiana is sensitive about reading negative comments about her diamond in the rough guesthouse, & with all the work she puts into it, who can blame her. I didn’t know there were ppl out there more fussy then me, but apparently so. To those ppl I say: “If you wanted red carpet treatment you should have booked a 5star hotel, they are more then happy to give you the service you require for a price you cant afford.
There isn’t enough I could say about the place & the people of Evershine, So il stop here & let you come & experience it for yourself...you’ll know what I mean.
This place was my haven, my home away from home & a breath of fresh air to me.I felt so grateful to have found it… & you will too…trust me.

Room Tip: Superiour Double are now known as Maha's room ;)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank mis911
Ansbach, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

The service was great and the owner was very helpfull.
They were very flexible with letting us stay longer on short notice.
Anjuna Beach is nice but there are a lot of selling shacks which kind of ruin the picture of the beach. Nevertheless its only a short ride to the northern beaches of Arambol.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mario S
Navi Mumbai, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews,location,rate.
I dont know who gave other reviews on tripadvisor i had an oposite experience.
Rooms are not clean basic amenities are missing like towel,bedshit,etc you need to ask for it (I belive it should be default provided) Owner is not friendly. Every time i used to talk with her i got a feeling i am doing mistake.
Rooms are not clean. With couple its not the place to stay.
Washroom has no proper window.

Room Tip: Its not a value for money guest house you can get food guest house in this price near by.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple