“Favorite barbecue”

Full Moon Bar-B-Que
Ranked #11 of 75 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Full Moon has a long, delicious history of great Southern-style 'que made in the time-honored, traditional way — with quality meats cooked low and slow over a hickory wood-fired pit and spiced with a mouthwatering, award-winning bar-b-que sauce. We are famous for our ribs, pork sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, loaded bbq & chicken bakers and half moon cookies.
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

You can't go wrong with Full Moon barbecue. The barbecue is always good and the sauce is the best.
I like that they keep it warm in the crock pots.
One person in our party ordered the sliced turkey and it was exceptional!!
Their slaw and chow chow is very unique also.
The only item we weren't thrilled with were the pinto beans, which are the featured side on Mondays.
There is no flavoring added it them. I had to add barbecue sauce. Try the fried green tomatoes instead.
Other than that, our experience was great!

Reviewed 29 September 2016

I absolutely LOVE their food!! It is amazing. I have been there 3 times and I have had bad luck with service 2 of those 3 time. I will still probably go back simply because the food is amazing. Be advised: If you are with a large group during football season, you may want to call ahead or go with an increased level of patience. Due to their popularity, they are SWAMPED with catering and to go orders during that time. We were there (as a couple) during football game night, and our order never came. It was due to the confusion with being so busy. We understood, but had to leave without eating due to time constraints. If we had not been on a strict schedule, we would have waited it out. I had my heart set on that giant stuffed potato. Ended up with a sub sandwich... that made me kinda sad.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

BBQ pork plate with baked beans and potato salad, great flavor but food not hot, It was just above room temperature. The onions rings where SUPER!, and don't miss the key lime pie and the chocolate pie. WONDERFUL !

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Full Moon is the place to go when you want a full plate of good food, plenty of televisions to watch sporting events, an attentive staff and clean facilities. FM is known for its BBQ but the vegetables generally steal the show for me. An overlooked item that should get more attention is the FM hotdog. The dog is chargrilled and served with chow chow and BBQ sauce. My son's fantasy football group meets at FM each Thursday night and the staff is very accommodating. This says quite a bit for me because the group is made up of high school boys that can be somewhat loud during games.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

The food was very good and plentiful. My only complaint was my onion rings didn't make it out with the rest of my food, very quickly after. I will definitely be going back.