“The best ribs I have ever had”

Cooter Brown's Rib Shack
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

One of, if not, best barbecue places I have ever visited. Small, rustic restaurant. I have been there twice and both times ordered the half rack of ribs with 2 sides. You can't go wrong with the dry rub and sauce on the side.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

I'm here to tell you, this is the most brilliant little BBQ joint in the world. This was my college town and a town favorite. I love the smoked wings dry rubbed. The ribs will change your life. It's tiny, like very tiny. But man it's good and worth the wait.

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for lunch and it was on a Friday. Bad idea !! The place was so busy and had no available seating right away, so, it took us awhile to get a seat. It is very cramped inside and has the smallest booths that I've ever tried to sit in. There is an upstairs, but again, the stairs are very narrow. Once we were seated, a waitress took our order of a large BBQ sandwich each and a side; we had one side of French fries and one side of onion rings. It took a good 20 minutes to get our order, which we thought was unusual, considering our order was just sandwiches. The BBQ is outstanding; French fries are just ok; onion rings are great. We love the food here, but would probably order it to go from now on.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

I work at the local Hampton and I send guests there all the time, and they love it. South African's, Asian, European, city people, everyone loves Cooter Brown.

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Some of the best Ribs ever. Pulled pork and authentic bbq in a rustic setting. Friendly service and great sauce.