“Interesting place to visit”

Burritt on the Mountain
Ranked #11 of 76 things to do in Huntsville
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Of you're in to history, this is a cool place, and not so much for the mansion. The mansion was interesting, but it was the other side of the property that held my attention where you can see how people lived before the industrial revolution.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

This is a great place to take your kids to explore a little farm life history. Our kids LOVED the gold rush exhibit!! They learned a ton about this period of history while doing tons of hands on activities. The museum grounds are beautiful. We all enjoyed the views of Huntsville from the mountain top. Hoped to do some hiking trails, but the kids were pooped. Money well spent!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

This was so much fun. I brought my 6 year old grandson here & he loved the activities they had for him. The mansion was awesome & he was able to hunt for gold, (fool's gold).

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Nicely build house and great location. I think its all about location. I saw a setting for wedding. It gives good bird eye view of the city. Very well kept place. Good place to take pictures and enjoy family time.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We loved this beautiful place! The gift shop is amazing with all the items ladies and kids love to buy. My husband sat on a bench, ha. The next stop was to start the gold scavenger hunt dispersed throughout the museum section. The hunt had signs to read, education and clue, great for my 9 yr old. My 15 yr old played, too. Fun things to climb and explore. The guides were super and really made history come to life. So much to see, so plan 2 hours and pack a picnic. There were cool old games to play, old timey toys, farm animals, chores to try, and butter to churn. They have timed talks, but we missed them. We walked a trail to see a huge cross. The mansion had a Weeden exhibition, itself very interesting, plus a big mineral display on the 2nd floor. Highly recommend visiting. Beautiful spot for a wedding, too.

Thank A. W