Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent Wedding venue

Our son's wedding was held there last weekend and everything was perfect. The wedding setup was... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Jeff M
via mobile
Nice find

Great view of city. Interesting house and colonial village established on property, brought in from... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Dianne S

All reviews mountain top farm animals panning for gold gold rush step back in time old timey audio tour nice history local history great hands scavenger hunt interesting place to visit hiking trails worth the trip field trip mansion dr
Reviewed 24 July 2017

This was so much fun. I brought my 6 year old grandson here & he loved the activities they had for him. The mansion was awesome & he was able to hunt for gold, (fool's gold).

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Nicely build house and great location. I think its all about location. I saw a setting for wedding. It gives good bird eye view of the city. Very well kept place. Good place to take pictures and enjoy family time.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We loved this beautiful place! The gift shop is amazing with all the items ladies and kids love to buy. My husband sat on a bench, ha. The next stop was to start the gold scavenger hunt dispersed throughout the museum section. The hunt had signs to read, education and clue, great for my 9 yr old. My 15 yr old played, too. Fun things to climb and explore. The guides were super and really made history come to life. So much to see, so plan 2 hours and pack a picnic. There were cool old games to play, old timey toys, farm animals, chores to try, and butter to churn. They have timed talks, but we missed them. We walked a trail to see a huge cross. The mansion had a Weeden exhibition, itself very interesting, plus a big mineral display on the 2nd floor. Highly recommend visiting. Beautiful spot for a wedding, too.

Thank A. W
Reviewed 4 May 2017

My daughter loved this place. Chaperoned a field trip here and the kids loved it. Lots to see and do for kids at or over 7. My daughter loved trying to make butter and yarn, and seeing exactly how people lived then.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

What a beautiful spot. Loved the yarn-bombs around trees on the way up. Walking trails are even and well groomed.

1  Thank kim d