Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
A take your breath away wedding venue!

Reviewed 2 days ago
panthers1963
Pinehurst, North Carolina
Beautiful venue

Reviewed 1 week ago
Greg T

All reviews mountain top farm animals old church panning for gold gold rush step back in time old timey audio tour nice history wedding venue local history scavenger hunt interesting place to visit hiking trails mansion dr century
Reviewed 2 days ago

We just attended an evening wedding here and it was gorgeous! The ceremony was held inside a small, rustic chapel on the property. It was so tastefully done. The reception was then held in the banquet room. There was a lot of space and everyone was easily accommodated. The ambiance was amazing! The room was set up beautifully with candles and gorgeous flowers. Sometimes the rooms at wedding are cramped but everyone had space to chat, dance, and mingle. This is a perfect venue for such an important occasion!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Weddings, special occasions, private parties, or just one or two of you enjoying the grounds and the view. The primary mansion is the main attraction, but there are also a whole village of historic log cabins, barns, and a church, and on certain days they have period-dressed characters cooking and working in the area. Great for little kids to see the farm animals and experience the historic exhibits.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After the climb of the mountain, I was unimpressed with the outcome. I wanted to see the mountains but only saw trees. Did not pay the price of admission.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our son's wedding was held there last weekend and everything was perfect. The wedding setup was white chairs on the terraced slope with a gazebo for an altar. Ample picturesque spots for a pro photog to get great poses. The adjacent banquet room easily held a sit down dinner for 150 of our closest friends and family, plus dancing, bar, and photo booth space. More room on the patios that we did not need. Beautiful views directly west into the sunset. Quite a perfect Saturday.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was disappointed in this place. The house is just ok, not very big, and not many furnishings. We were told that when we got to the house, there was a tour guide, and there was... she was on the phone and when we requested she give the tour (rather than an audio recording which doesn't all much interaction), she did get off her call and give a 5 minute rapid overview and deserted the field. It wasn't that she was unfriendly, just not particularly interested in doing the job.

We then moved on to the grounds. A wedding was scheduled to begin apparently imminently, which is why I suppose gates were locked all over. It was hard to get to the cabins. These were much more interesting than the "big" house. No farm animals but a couple of goats. No one in costume on the grounds as promised. And because of the wedding we were not allowed into the old church on the grounds. Seems like a discount was in order but we didn't push the point.

All in all we spent about 40 minutes for $25 bucks. I saw nothing that was unusual or particularly enthralling to justify the expense.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Great view of city. Interesting house and colonial village established on property, brought in from other areas of state.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Beautiful facility, several things closed for wedding. Lots of childrens activities to keep them entertained

Reviewed 31 August 2018

This was a planned visit for the kids , while some of adults checked for future venue we were planning . There are lots of interesting exhibits on local history and living ( I believe all the structures except Church were moved there from area). They have planned events thru out the year .

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

My sister and I decided to be 'tourists' after dropping my daughter off at UAH and I'm so glad we did.

I love seeing history vs. Reading nothing texts and this visit did not disappoint. The mansion and burr view were absolutely beautiful, but the old houses that were brought in, are what really did it for me. Imagining how life was back then is much easier with the evidence of it right before your eyes.

We went during the heat ofthe day in Aug and while it was cooler than the bottom of the mountain, it was still quite warm. I recommend going earlier or later in the day.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

The view from the mountain top overlooking Huntsville was priceless.

The mansion is nice. The house guide was fantastic. He came out to greet us, and he took a picture of our family in front of the mansion. The guide gives you a nice history of the mansion. The mansion was a modern day bachelor pad.

My son enjoyed Burrit on the Mountain. There are animals to see like the hens, piglet, sheep and goats. The sheep smelled awful.

There are plenty of activities for kids like panning for gold, sewing, and farming.

This is a worthwhile stop for families with children. The prices are reasonable