“Outstanding restaurant, fine dining at it's best in Huntsville!”
Review of Cotton Row

Cotton Row
Reserve with OpenTable
Cotton Row is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 668 Restaurants in Huntsville
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 36
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Madison Street
Reviewed 12 February 2018

We had an amazing dining experience in Huntsville at Cotton Row. We decided to take one of the small rooms for private dining and the service and decor was amazing.

The appetizers were great, we had the asian pork dumplings, the beet, pear and goat cheese ravioli and the charcuterie and artisinal cheese platter. Each was fantastic - the ravioli were quite sublime.

We then moved on to soup and salad - the grilled hearts of romaine was excellent, the butternut squash soup and shaved fennel and arugula salad were both great as well. Not to be stopped with a few appetizers, we added in the salad of seven wonders, and to top things off the sea salt fries (amazing!) and fried green tomatoes (because it's the south of course).

At that point, my father thought we were done, but no, we still had the entree...
For dinner we had the scallops, filet and elk. All were amazing, perfectly prepared and quite tasty. I thought we couldn't top that and then they brought out the desert menu!
Go hungry, you will want to try everything. All the desserts we tried were great, I think the only item we didn't try was the coffee and donuts dessert.

The incredible meal was of course accompanied by a wonderful wine selection and the bar is nothing less than amazing (I had a fantastic Pappy 10yr)

If there was one drawback, it was the room we had reserved was on the second floor, and it was a steep set of stairs to get there, which was challenging for my father. They were very accommodating and in the end it all worked out.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

I have to start by saying I have not had a meal this good in a very long time. If you do not mind spending a little more money than at your average restaurant this is the place for you.

We had a reservation for a table of 8 and when they were not able to sit us in a timely manner they gave us a private dining room. That was the start of an amazing evening.

The atmosphere at Cotton Row is perfect. The lightening is intimate and the music playing in the background is set at a right level to enjoy your conversation.

This restaurant has a really nice wine list, with bottles from all over the world. There is a wine cellar that you can tour (unfortunately there was a group dining there so we didn't get a chance, but I plan on seeing it when we return).

As far as the food, all I can say is wow! Everyone of us was very happy and satisfied with their dinner. I would go as far as to say if you are visiting Huntsville you have to eat here!

Last I have to mention the staff. Our server Robert was a master of his craft. He had knowledge of the entire food menu and was great at describing various wines. Even though he had tables throughout the place he was always attentive. He even told us the history of the building. The busboy continued to keep our water glasses full and always had some great information to share about the location. Also the manager was very gracious giving us a private room, rather than us to continue to wait.

I have to finish this review by saying please visit the Cotton Row! It is worth the money!

Reviewed 18 January 2018

We did not eat there, but met with the manager about a large group dinner event. They have two sizable spaces upstairs beautifully appointed for private groups. The menu is customizable and you get the room until closing; no group before or after your dinner. Prices are higher than avg but they have a great quality reputation and clearly understand about letting the customer choose among lots of possibilities. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Cotton Row is in a class all by itself -- a truly spectacular dining experience. It is a hands-down favorite for important business meetings, celebratory meals with family and friends, as well as private, romantic meals. Chef James Boyce has a genious mastery of American nouvelle quisine: fresh ingredients from local farms and sources; and an artful blending of flavors to create intriguing, deliciously inventive new dishes. Cotton Row is located in an historical building with an updated, sophisticated architectural design and restrained design that creates a high-end ambience for exquisite meals. There are four different venues -- the main dining room and bar, an inimate wine cellar downstairs, a popular outdoor patio, and several rooms with balconies upstairs that accommodate parties well. Although t is right on courthouse square, there is ample free parking nearby, and free valet parking service, helpful during inclement weather. The wait staff is youthful, attentive, well-informed on the details of every offering on the menu, and impeccably couteous. First class. Pricey, but still a great value.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

I can’t say enough good things about this restaurant. The food was great. My steak (filet) was done perfectly. They even made the kale tasty (go figure ;)). The lobster Mac and cheese that came as a side with the filet made me want to lick the plate.

The staff was great all the way around. Tim, at the bar, was a great host. He was very outgoing and made the meal one to remember.

This is a must stop for any trip to Huntsville.