“Will not stay here again”

Hampton Inn Montgomery-South-Airport
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hope Hull
Reviewed 7 October 2016

My wife and I stopped here after leaving south Florida a day earlier than expected due to Hurricane Matthew. We are were tired after driving 12 hours and was glad to be off the road.

We were signed in by Jessica who by way was very friendly. We were assigned room 229 and it is our usual routine to check the room prior to unloading our travel bags. During the room check I could not get the AC unit to operate. We went down and told Jessica and a young man immediately left to check on the room. She assigned us another room and I requested he check that room before we went up. She then assigned us to room 126.

We checked room 126 and found it to be okay. We left the hotel to find something to eat. Upon returning to the hotel we used the back door to carry our bags to the room. See the attached photo of the threshold. This is not what we’re accustomed to seeing at Hampton Inns. I understand the threshold has nothing to do with personal comfort but it makes you wonder what else has not been taken care of in the way of building safety.

We had to leave our TV on all night to dampen the voices coming from the adjoining room. It didn’t sound like they were talking loud. The people were not the problem. The walls are the problem.

The other attached photo is a “bug” on the bathroom floor after being terminated by my wife.

We will not be staying here again.

Hampton please get your act together, we are members of the Hilton Honors. But if we keep seeing what we’ve seen at the last two hotels we are taking our hard earned money elsewhere.

At our last stay in a Hampton Inn & Suites at the Ocala-Belleview, 2075 SW Highway 484, Ocala, FL. It is NOT PET FRIENDLY but they knowingly had dogs and did nothing. The dogs were not service animals.

Jessica was the only bright spot at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jdrmmr
Charlottesville50, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montgomery-South-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2016

Dear Guest,
Very sorry to hear about your stay. We strive very hard to give the best possible service to all of our guests. Again, I do apologize and do hope you will continue to stay with Hilton Worldwide.
Ron Jenkins GM

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

This was my second stay at this location; for both stays the A/C unit was not in working order and room remained hot, first time staff was unable to help and second time I just didn't bother...won't be back there. Some desk staff not friendly and had an attitude. This is unfortunate because location is great.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 645edy
Charlottesville50, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montgomery-South-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2016

Dear Guest
I do apologize for the AC. As I mentioned before, the AC was inspected and found nothing wrong with the unit. I also had the Maint. Engineer to inspect and found it to be cooling. Not sure what was going on with the unit at the time you were staying in the room. You did not call the front desk to report the problem, so we could not have inspected the unit. We did put 10,000 Hilton Honors points back into your account for your issues. As I mentioned to you before, we want you to be happy and I have given you three other Hampton's that on your next travels, you will be more comfortable at these locations. Again, I do apologize and do hope you will continue to stay with Hilton Worldwide.

Ron Jenkins GM

Reviewed 2 October 2016

This location is not up to the typical Hampton Inn quality. The room smelled and the carpet was sticky. We had 2 rooms and the carpet was the same in both rooms. The front desk offered to move us from our stinky room, but we wanted to stay near the rest of our family. The wifi and complimentary breakfast were both good.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank t3tds
Reviewed 28 September 2016

My wife arrived late in the evening and found the desk staff to be extremely courteous and helpful. The room was pleasant, clean and spacious. The chamber maids the next morning greeted us with a happy smiling face, "good morning". The breakfast bar staff was extremely helpful and the desk staff the next morning was courteous, hospitable and interested in our future travel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2016

I stayed at this hotel for business and enjoyed my stay. Very quiet hotel where the doors do not slam as you close them. Breakfast is one of the best with fresh fruit and hot foods. Rooms are large and have microwaves and refrigerators. Gym has a big screen TV and towels with bottled water for you. Very nice touch. Some of the evenings have free dinner and it was excellent. I enjoyed my stay and will return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Charlottesville50, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montgomery-South-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much on your nice comments on our hotel. We strive very hard to give the best possible service to all of our guests. Again, thank you for your comments.

Ron Jenkins

21.6 km away
Staybridge Suites Eastchase Montgomery
14.9 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery

Been to Hampton Inn Montgomery-South-Airport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK