See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2018

The room was nice, we booked online so no issues with the price. The only reason for the low star rating would be the huge push at check out, the staff was rude and extremely pushy to get us out at 11. Sad really because the room was nice, clean and the grounds well maintained but only a handful of guests. The location was good, off the road so noise was not an issue. This location did have a pool that was also pretty clean and working well, all in all very good other than that unwelcoming push to check out.

Room Tip: This location has two floors and no elevator, if this is an issue when booking online ask for the first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Manager cancelled my room out of the blue left me trying to find another room very unprofessional and dont honor online booking....never will try a red roof again....well I will never try this one again.....

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are musicians and we travel non stop. We have been traveling with our respective bands for over a decade and stay in hotels anywhere from 2-5 days a week, every week, and play in Gulf Shores 5-6 times a year. I think I may have given feedback on one other awful hotel in the last 10 years. I created a Yelp account solely to give this review.

We have stayed at this Red Roof 3 times before. We ALWAYS have an issue at check in, and usually we have an email confirmation to prove our booking. They can never find our booking...there is literally always some issue. This should tell you something. But, because pet friendly hotels are hard to find, we have kept coming back. NEVER AGAIN.

On this particular occasion, the venue booked the hotel for us directly 2 weeks ago for 2 nights. Of course, when we came to check in, they "couldn't find" our reservation. We waited for almost 20 minutes before they magically located it. My husband confirmed that we had the room for 2 nights and we finally got our keys. We returned after our shows this morning around 4 am, hung the "do not disturb" sign on our door and drifted off to sleep. At 11 am, housekeeping was pounding on our door. They said our room was on the list as checking out and I told her there was a mistake and that the room was booked for 2 nights. 15 min later, the phone rings and the front desk informs us that we have to leave. Again, I explain that we were booked for 2 nights. Front desk insisted we weren't (same guy that checked us in, same guy that spoke to the venue manager who booked the room for us when he couldn't find the booking, same guy who confirmed with my husband that we were there for 2 nights) and asked us to come down to the desk. After arguing with him, the venue manager calling him and giving the confirmation AGAIN, he insisted we all were still wrong and made us pack up and leave.

Any idea how hard it is to find a last minute pet friendly room in Gulf Shores in July? Wanna know how much you'll pay for one if you do find one? We will NEVER book at this hotel again and I encourage anyone considering this hotel to reconsider. Your trip could very well be ruined by the incompetence of the desk staff. $240 a night for an outdated hotel room, cigarette burns or some weirdness on the bathtub, distinct scent of mold, and dirty floors...and being treated like crap on top of it? No thanks!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank CrystalMax W
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

There where stains on the beds there was large red stains on the lamp shade I really hope was pizza sauce, it smelled disgusting, there was what I believe was feces on the wall behind the toilet, there was dirt and hair on the tub, the shower curtain had black mold on it and when I told them I wanted a refund the owner was an ahole. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank agoff011
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

After checking 3 rooms that all smelled like mold, and musty smelling, we were offered the room above the office. Once we finally got a room, and settled in we noticed this must be a hotel for dogs. Everyone but us had dogs. Dogs peed on the ground in front of our door ( upstairs) and everyone's doors to. The rooms were clean, and bathroom could have been cleaner. Glad we only had to stay one night. It's definitely overpriced for what you get. Only plus side about this place was the auto dealer in front of it that restores old cars. That was cool to go look at.
Oh and also it's not located near gulf shores beach. About 15-20 min drive.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family