Island Sunrise
US$ 333
US$ 134
Hampton Inn Gulf Shores(Gulf Shores)(Great Value!)
US$ 168
US$ 149
Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores(Gulf Shores)(Great Value!)
US$ 202
US$ 180
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms(Gulf Shores)(Great Value!)
US$ 151
US$ 139
Courtyard
Sanibel Gulf Shores(Gulf Shores)
Royal Palms(Gulf Shores)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe security guardwaffle housesea n sudseasy accessfull kitchenwalking distancepierunitsmilepropertycondofurnituregetawayhangoutelevator
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We rented a condo at Island Sunrise through VRBO from a private owner. The condo complex itself is older but the unit we rented was very well updated. The kitchen was well stocked. The beds very comfortable. We had everything we needed. The pool is small but we were there for the beach anyway. The beach was great, very clean and not crowded at all. Our unit is call Coo Coos nest and the owner was awesome. She was there staying in her other unit and was super helpful and incredibly nice. We'll stay here again. I highly recommend it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This is a secure facility and easy access to beach. Clean and up to date. The beach is about 200 ft from the beach and is really close to "Sea-N-Suds" which is a great place to have dinner on the beach.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2017

place was easy access and neat and clean. I would stay there again to enjoy the beach and sun. we booked a 3 bedroom and it was very nice. Stove fridge and microwave 2 baths. I would love to stay there again.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 17 March 2017

I just bought my unit in November of 2015. I looked at many units in Gulf Shores. The building is an older building but maintained well. There is only one elevator, but its only 6 stories so if you are in a big hurry, stairs are an option. During the busy times of year, parking can be a little tight and I assure you, the security guard takes his job checking for parking passes seriously! :) There are carts in the lobby area to take groceries, baggage to the units. The security officers have all been great and super friendly.

I looked at several units there and it as people have said, some are great, some need updating. I have also went inside several units as I have met other owners there and most are really nice and taken care of. A couple I saw during the sales process, I would not have enjoyed staying in. Just look at pics and reviews on individual units carefully. The units (if facing the building from the street) on the left side, that are not full frontal gulf view, still have great views of the beach and the pier. The units on the right side, the view is not nearly as good due to where the building next door is on the property, partially blocked to the right, but are still nice. From what I have seen, the majority of the units have been updated with tile, granite, nice appliances and furniture and many are absolutely gorgeous. There were a couple of units I looked at that were not what I would have wanted, but again that was 2015 and they were not horrible. Just needed updates. Just look carefully at the pics of the units and where they are located. All units have free wifi, Netflix and direct TV.

In regard to location, cant beat it. If you are on the beach and get hungry, sea and suds is literally right there. You can walk over, get food and and be right back on the beach. The pier is in walking distance. You can walk to liquor store, waffle house, pancake house, beach shops and the Hangout has great kids play areas and a lot of outdoor seating, entertainment, ect. If you want to drive a mile or so, Flip Flop Deli is great for lunch, ice cream or picking up pizza. Everything I have ever had there is great.

The pool is a little small compared to some of the other properties and not right on the beach, but its adequate. The plus side is that the walk to the beach is super easy. You are literally right on the beach. Not having to trek 900 things a long way is great. The patio area is great for grilling and there is seating to eat outside that is covered if you want to grill burgers, steaks, ect. Tables, swings and lounge chairs under the covered area. The beach is gorgeous and there is a volleyball net if you enjoy that. The pool is on the front side of the property, so you can not see the beach from the pool .

I love Island Sunrise and am very happy with my condo there. The location and beach cant be beat. The property is nice and most units are beautiful. The price compared to some of the big high rises is much better. I would recommend this property for a family vacation, low key friends gatherings and couples get aways. It is a small complex and there is security so it is not the place to go if you are wanting spring break craziness and the party atmosphere.

I am there several times a year and am always sad to leave. I will say, I have never been in the June-Aug summer months so I cant speak for how things are during that time. I mostly go Oct-March and the area, beach and people on and off the property are the best. I realize that I do have a personal interest in the property, but I am being honest as I would want someone to be with me if I were spending that kind of money for a vacation. Island Sunrise is not the most upscale property on the beach or does it have the most amenities, but for the price in comparison, it is very nice. Just look closely at the unit and location of the unit on the property before you book. Most owners are there several times and year and the units are very nice because we stay there as well. If the units are rental only and the owners don't use them, that may not be the case. Do your research on your unit and you will have a great vacation.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank kblackford
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Beautiful place; island sunrise condos are the place to stay! Beach is wide, white and clean. Wonderful restaurants around and friendly people. I would recommend to everybody to visit here. Summers are very busy so be prepared for crowds.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family