All reviews condo complex enjoyed our stay easy access the kitchen parking lot within walking distance coo balconies dishwasher dryer dunes unit tile tub hangout beach tv
Reviewed 17 March 2017

I just bought my unit in November of 2015. I looked at many units in Gulf Shores. The building is an older building but maintained well. There is only one elevator, but its only 6 stories so if you are in a big hurry, stairs are an option. During the busy times of year, parking can be a little tight and I assure you, the security guard takes his job checking for parking passes seriously! :) There are carts in the lobby area to take groceries, baggage to the units. The security officers have all been great and super friendly.

I looked at several units there and it as people have said, some are great, some need updating. I have also went inside several units as I have met other owners there and most are really nice and taken care of. A couple I saw during the sales process, I would not have enjoyed staying in. Just look at pics and reviews on individual units carefully. The units (if facing the building from the street) on the left side, that are not full frontal gulf view, still have great views of the beach and the pier. The units on the right side, the view is not nearly as good due to where the building next door is on the property, partially blocked to the right, but are still nice. From what I have seen, the majority of the units have been updated with tile, granite, nice appliances and furniture and many are absolutely gorgeous. There were a couple of units I looked at that were not what I would have wanted, but again that was 2015 and they were not horrible. Just needed updates. Just look carefully at the pics of the units and where they are located. All units have free wifi, Netflix and direct TV.

In regard to location, cant beat it. If you are on the beach and get hungry, sea and suds is literally right there. You can walk over, get food and and be right back on the beach. The pier is in walking distance. You can walk to liquor store, waffle house, pancake house, beach shops and the Hangout has great kids play areas and a lot of outdoor seating, entertainment, ect. If you want to drive a mile or so, Flip Flop Deli is great for lunch, ice cream or picking up pizza. Everything I have ever had there is great.

The pool is a little small compared to some of the other properties and not right on the beach, but its adequate. The plus side is that the walk to the beach is super easy. You are literally right on the beach. Not having to trek 900 things a long way is great. The patio area is great for grilling and there is seating to eat outside that is covered if you want to grill burgers, steaks, ect. Tables, swings and lounge chairs under the covered area. The beach is gorgeous and there is a volleyball net if you enjoy that. The pool is on the front side of the property, so you can not see the beach from the pool .

I love Island Sunrise and am very happy with my condo there. The location and beach cant be beat. The property is nice and most units are beautiful. The price compared to some of the big high rises is much better. I would recommend this property for a family vacation, low key friends gatherings and couples get aways. It is a small complex and there is security so it is not the place to go if you are wanting spring break craziness and the party atmosphere.

I am there several times a year and am always sad to leave. I will say, I have never been in the June-Aug summer months so I cant speak for how things are during that time. I mostly go Oct-March and the area, beach and people on and off the property are the best. I realize that I do have a personal interest in the property, but I am being honest as I would want someone to be with me if I were spending that kind of money for a vacation. Island Sunrise is not the most upscale property on the beach or does it have the most amenities, but for the price in comparison, it is very nice. Just look closely at the unit and location of the unit on the property before you book. Most owners are there several times and year and the units are very nice because we stay there as well. If the units are rental only and the owners don't use them, that may not be the case. Do your research on your unit and you will have a great vacation.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank kblackford
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Beautiful place; island sunrise condos are the place to stay! Beach is wide, white and clean. Wonderful restaurants around and friendly people. I would recommend to everybody to visit here. Summers are very busy so be prepared for crowds.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

When my family reserved the Condo back in February. We received an email saying that we could check into our place between 3 and 5 p.m. We arrived at 3 p.m. and our Condo still had not been cleaned. Needless to say the cleaning crew did not arrive until 4:05 and was done at 4:45. When it was time for our family to settle in for the night we realized that there was dirty socks in the couch bed, used paper towels under the chair, dirty men's underwear under the bathroom sink, chip crumbs under the couch and something that looks like vomit between the couch and recliner the, bath tun and sink in the back room took forever to drain. This is even after an inspector come into the room and inspected. This is by far been the absolute worst stay at Gulf shores I have ever had. I DO NOT RECOMMEND Unit 663 at Island Sunrise resort. If I had to rate this unit they would get a zero from my family.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank April_Beard
Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

Condos are individually owned, so inside will vary from condo to condo.

We rented a one bedroom on the 6th floor. Had several updates - new furniture in living room, newer stove/refrigerator, granite countertops, new vanity in bathroom. Queen size bed, mattress on the soft side. Sleeper sofa in living room. Adequate kitchen supplies available to cook simple meals. Bring your own necessities - napkins, coffee filters, spices, etc.

Our unit had 2 balconies - one off bedroom on side of building with view of beach, and one off living room with view of pool. 2 chairs per balcony.

Condo is located on beach - short walk over dunes to the water. Pool is located on street side of building, next to parking lot. 6 floors total, guessing 8 units per floor. Outside grills (charcoal needed) are available for use.

We rented during offseason. It was very quite - not too many visitors in December.

You can walk to a few restaurants, but recommend having a car - our rental came with one parking pass.

Reservation, payment, checkin and checkout was a breeze - rented by owner, great communication.

Overall, enjoyed our stay. This building/unit is not super plush, but neither are we. Unit was clean and furnished nicely. Size was good, and much better than staying in hotel room. Good value. Would stay again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MyTravels033
Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

This condo left a lot to be desired. The refrigerator did not close right, the dishwasher only worked if you hit the latch just right. The popcorn ceilings are flaking off so you have to be careful when cooking. In both bathrooms a hole had been cut in the ceiling in tub area and one hole was still completely exposed and the other had been patched but was moldy. The floors had filthy throw rugs around which I picked up. In one bedroom when I picked the rug up, it exposed duct tape holding the indoor outdoor carpeting together.the kitchen sink stank to high heaven and I had to purchase chlorox to get rid of the smell. The only positives were the pool, the view and the bed was comfortable.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family