“Vacation ”
Review of Duck's Coastal Kitchen - CLOSED

Duck's Coastal Kitchen
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The Waffle House was too busy as we decided to find a place for breakfast prior to our 9 hour drive home...so we headed out of town and started looking for places to eat and one of my girls said that Ducks has a good rating and we did a u-turn to chow down. It is a small building and we waited about 10-15 minutes. Service was warm and welcoming. Get ready to eat as our plates were full of blessings! We ate an assortment that included chicken fried steak, pancakes, eggs, hash browns and bacon. We could have eaten for less at a fast food place but Ducks was worth our u-turn!!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We had a wait time around 15-20 minutes around 1015 on a Friday morning. The western omelette was delicious and the pancakes were outstanding! They start serving lunch at 1030 and it was 1023 when we ordered. Some of us wanted lunch so we asked about ordering it. Our waitress told us, she could not put our order in until it was after 1030. But tables beside us had ordered lunch almost that exact same time. My husband wanted the crab/cheese omelette but they were out of it. I got a patty melt and it was very good! My mother got the hamburger steak and she said it was very good like home cooked. It seemed like there was a delay in our order because she waited until after 1030 to order our food, more like 1040 when she ordered and then told us they were out of crab. Also several tables that ordered after us got there food before us (one including a lunch that was ordered before 1030). Other than that, it was very good and needless to say they were busy.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Very busy place! Had about a 1/2 hour wait, which isn't terrible. Since just husband and I, we offered to sit at counter, like a couple of gals that came in AFTER us, were offered, but hostess wanted us at a table. After seated, we were served piping hot coffee, which had great flavor. Husband had chicken & waffle, which was a chicken breast atop a waffle, and I had the single french toast with a side of crisp bacon (and by crisp, I want it to break). Although my french toast was good, it didn't have any powdered sugar, on which the server asked if I ordered without(which. I didn't know one could do that). The bacon was nowhere near crisp, but that was corrected and brought out immediately.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

You have to order the pecan banana pancakes if you go they are absolutely to die for!!! However the whole menus sounded amazing we got the pancakes and the Duck’s choice and we left very satisfied with our visit!

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband ate breakfast here on 5/24 and it was great! I am a healthy eater and was able to get an egg white veggie omelet and my husband eats anything and enjoyed his country boy breakfast too. Our server was so friendly. We will definitely eat here again before we leave to go home!

Date of visit: May 2018