“Real find”

Ranked #21 of 235 Restaurants in Dothan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

The menu had a variety of choices, with an emphasis on seafood. My wife is gluten intolerant and our waitress was very helpful. She had the seafood platter and was pleased. I had grilled grouper which was don’t perfectly. Would definitely return if we are in the area again

1  Thank Jim T

Reviewed 30 December 2017

My companion and I had a wonderful dinner here recently. It was a week night, and no need to wait for a table. I got to choose where to sit, so no one's conversation competed with our own.
The menu is quite lengthy, but we only wanted seafood. We both had the Seafood Platter, and mine was broiled and his was fried. Both were excellent! It includes Grouper, Scallops and Shrimp. The scallops were small and the shrimp were large. The Grouper was good and my side dish of broccoli was great. The broccoli had just a touch of buttery taste, and was the perfect amount of tender without being limp or soggy.

I also had a sweet potato, and I am happy to report that they serve the cinnamon butter on the side! Yeah! I love my sweet potato with plain butter only. We had plenty of that from the yeast rolls that are served as an appetizer. Oh, and those rolls were divine! I had to resist gobbling them all, to have room for my Platter.

To sum up, the RR is clean, the portions are large enough to fill me up and still have food on my plate. The server was attentive without being annoying. And my drink from the bar was very strong! I would definitely recommend The Old Mill Restaurant if you are in Dothan.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

We went here on a date. We are both on a ketogenic diet and the restraunt was easily able to cater to our low carb needs. Our steaks were wonderful and the service was as fast as could be expected for a freshly grilled steak.
Our server was very cheerful and struck the right balance of attentiveness, without hovering. Will come here again!

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Great food! Wife had filet mignon, broccoli and sweet potato. I had the blackened grouper, broccoli and sweet potato. They give you cinnamon butter for your sweet potato which is outstanding. We had an appetizer of crab claws. Also their yeast rolls are some of the best ever.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

To balance out my rating for this place would be to say that the food is about average for seafood, and the service is ok. My biggest issue is that they are not consistent. One day the service will be really good and the food will be just "ok", and another time the service will be a tad annoying (telling us their life story at the table instead of just taking our order and bringing the food), and the food will be really good. There are other places in town that have more consistent service and food.

Been to Old Mill Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK