See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

We just needed a place to stop for our family as we travel to Florida. We don't have extremely high expectations since it's just a place to rest our heads at night. We read the reviews and we felt encouraged because everybody said it was clean. When we got there we experienced the exact opposite. There were crumbs in our bed, holes in the comforter, stains on the comforter and sheets, the air conditioning unit was very dirty, our TV remote did not work and there weren't buttons on the TV to control it. I could list more, but you get the idea. The hotel has great potential and maybe we just got one of the worst rooms. We wouldn't stop there again. In fact, this might keep me from booking at an EconoLodge in the future.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannon N
Reviewed 16 October 2016

7:00 P.M. I stopped to get a room, the outside door was locked, a lady was sitting inside.. Finally a gentleman came and unlocked the door. After getting a room, it appeared these rooms were recently renovated. They had the mock wooden floors, new refrigerators, new bed covers and newly painted. However, they obviously didn't replace the mattresses and if they did, they got the cheapest ones there were.. A good nights rest, didn't happen.. Furniture was not replaced, as the chair was too disgusting to sit in. The dressers and nightstand are all torn up. There is not a lamp on the bed stand, only one main light. Washcloth was dirty.. Food or something spilled on night stand... Mold and Mildew lines the top of the tub... Air unit full of dirt and dust, needs clean as it has an odor when running.. Only one hanger so I couldn't hang my clothes.. Toilet paper stuck in the peephole in the outside door, eyepiece was missing.. Have attached photos to verify my review. I would not stop here again..

Room Tip: Go somewhere else..
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank mgwds1
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

We needed a place to stay overnight for an auction in the area the next morning. I found this hotel through my Choice Hotels app. I chose it being it was the cheapest ($62 including tax/fees), and was prepared for it to be THE cheapest.

We were pleasantly surprised- the room was very clean, the bed is very comfortable. There are some stains on the counter/bathroom door, but meh- I'm not hosting an Oscars party here, so who cares? Everything works, everything is clean. Plus there's this neat little alarm clock that's actually a 2 USB/2 socket outlet- perfect for charging all your gadgets. (I'm going to find one of these to buy for home!)

Also- first time I've stayed in a hotel not-at-the-beach that didn't have carpet- it's some kind of faux wood/laminate flooring. Which is nice, because carpet is gross.

I'm actually reviewing this while laying in the bed here. If they have coffee in the morning? I'll be thrilled. All in all? I'd stay here again because you do get more than your money's worth, which is rare these days.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2016

This budget hotel is located about four miles west of I-65 off Exit 334 on the south side of the highway.

The Good: The room was clean and comfortable which was all I really cared about and it was fine for the price, for one night. The front desk staff was pleasant though a couple of times I had to ring the bell to get in because the door was locked. The floor, bed, and bathroom had been refurbished and the hot shower spray was strong..There are plenty of places to eat nearby. It was reasonably quiet.

The Bad: The furnishings need an upgrade. The nightstand, television cabinet/w drawers and desk/w chair were old. The room needed to be repainted. The outside looks like you could film Walking Dead stock footage around it. It has an air not so much of neglect as desertion. Vending machines were empty but ice machine worked. Pool was covered over. There's a nice gazebo on the back. No coffee in the room or in the reception area.

Bottom line: you won't find a mint on your pillow but you won't find bugs, either. Inside was much cleaner than the outside. If you just want a place to sleep for the night and a shower in the morning at a decent rate this will be fine. This could actually be an attractive property with a little effort. I had the sense that the folks running it --- who were certainly nice and competent --- were more caretakers than managers.

Room Tip: Ask for one
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Stayed for a night while doing summer road trip. I only stayed at this location because I was doing a ChoiceHotel promotion. The room rate was good and my expectations were not high. Room was half renovated. Flooring had been changed, bathroom re-tiled, flat screen TV, and mattresses replaced. It appeared that they were still fixing the walls and they needed to be repainted.

The Good:
Rate was low, $60. Beds were comfortable, and room was fairly clean.

The Bad:
Room renovation wasn't complete. Breakfast was almost non-existent. When we went to the "breakfast room" - small room next to the office with no air conditioning, there was one wrapped pastry, a loaf of bread, two types of cereal, and some oranges and apples. Again my expectations were low and at first sight this is fairly normal for a continental breakfast at a budget hotel. However, the fruit was really old. I am talking apples that are wrinkled and soft. The oranges were hard and dried up. Given that it was about 90 degrees in there, the old fruit, there was no way were eating anything!

They also messed up my Choice Privileges account. I booked the room using the Choice app, just as I have done for my other Choice hotel stays. For some unknown reason, they decided to edit my reservation and change my email address. This caused the stay to not be credited to my account and thus jeopardize the promotion I was working towards. It took me several phone calls and a couple of hours of my time over a course of a week to get it fixed.

Bottom Line:
If you need a cheap nights sleep, then it is okay for that.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family