See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Stayed for a night while doing summer road trip. I only stayed at this location because I was doing a ChoiceHotel promotion. The room rate was good and my expectations were not high. Room was half renovated. Flooring had been changed, bathroom re-tiled, flat screen TV, and mattresses replaced. It appeared that they were still fixing the walls and they needed to be repainted.

The Good:
Rate was low, $60. Beds were comfortable, and room was fairly clean.

The Bad:
Room renovation wasn't complete. Breakfast was almost non-existent. When we went to the "breakfast room" - small room next to the office with no air conditioning, there was one wrapped pastry, a loaf of bread, two types of cereal, and some oranges and apples. Again my expectations were low and at first sight this is fairly normal for a continental breakfast at a budget hotel. However, the fruit was really old. I am talking apples that are wrinkled and soft. The oranges were hard and dried up. Given that it was about 90 degrees in there, the old fruit, there was no way were eating anything!

They also messed up my Choice Privileges account. I booked the room using the Choice app, just as I have done for my other Choice hotel stays. For some unknown reason, they decided to edit my reservation and change my email address. This caused the stay to not be credited to my account and thus jeopardize the promotion I was working towards. It took me several phone calls and a couple of hours of my time over a course of a week to get it fixed.

Bottom Line:
If you need a cheap nights sleep, then it is okay for that.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

I was traveling thru the area for work and stayed for one night. The sign says the rooms have been remodeled which I would say they have been half remodeled. They took out the carpet and put in laminate and they retiled the bathroom. The microwave, fridge and tv look newer and they have a nice alarm clock with usb outputs and two plug ins on it which is nice so your not moving furniture to get to an outlet. The sheets are clean and the bed was comfortable. Furniture is older and the only other thing is check out is at 10am.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Everything worked, rooms were clean, staff was friendly, the place was a little run down, just old. Don't expect anything from the breakfast. Cerial, juice, and coffee. It is centrally located to get to things in Decatur.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank msmick57
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Read reviews on trip advisor and decided to stop and look at room before paying. Room had been updated and laminate flooring instead of carpet. We ask for non-smoking room and it smelled nice and clean. It was a decent room at a decent price. We would stay again

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Retiredgrammy
Reviewed 16 January 2016

My room was clean and the location was excellent. The staff were polite, friendly, and honest.

I checked out early, having paid in advance for another night. When I asked for confirmation that my card would be re-credited, the clerk could not give it to me because of some glitch with the machine

No worries. My card was re-credited right away, just like the clerk said.

This place is not the Taj Mahal, but it's a great value for the price. I recommend it.

Date of stay: January 2016