“Awesome...Very humble, but awesome.”
other traveller has booked this property
Exterior Living Room
Bedroom-Kingsize
Shower
Lavatory
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
0704Diane
Nashville, Tennessee
“Awesome...Very humble, but awesome.”
Reviewed 6 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

Stayed in this cottage for 5 nights, in the company of my well-behaved dog, Nellie Bly. A short walk to the beach for sunsets, a short walk in the other direction to the welcome center, Skinner's seafood market and the famous Chevron breakfast menu. The cottage is just as it appears in the picture; it is neat and clean, the water is hot, the coffee maker, plumbing and air conditioning work, and it is located on a quiet street where I felt completely safe staying alone. The fenced in yard made the vacation just as lovely for my pup, as she explored every. One note that can help avoid unmet expectations, I'd imagine that if you are were especially large person, or have trouble with your hips or knees, the bathroom could be a challenge for you. The adjoining larger house makes the property a great little compound for a family vacation. Thanks, Joy for a most excellent retreat!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The location, and the fenced yard for my pup.
Liked least: The bathroom.
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway People with pets
LMNash201...
Nashville, Tennessee
“We nicknamed it the Grill Graveyard / not the cleanest place.”
Reviewed 1 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

If I'm paying to stay somewhere, even if it's a reasonable rate - I still want someplace clean. The main room is adequate but the kitchen is poorly equipped. One pan useable for the stovetop, the rest should be garbaged. You couldn't actually prepare a simple meal, we stuck with sandwiches. The bed is on a platform that you climb up onto from the foot. Never got a good night's sleep/mattress poor/ the air conditioner and the ceiling fan were so loud we opted not to run them. Luckily not the heat of summer. The toilet has a 3" clearance from the wall on the left. Shower stall is 2 1/2' x 2 1/2'. Shower fixtures had been reworked at some point so water flows from side to side instead of facing into the room, probably had alot of water in the floor because it's so small but they left the old knobs and my husband kept hitting his elbows on them. Bathroom very cramped and floor was filthy, shower stall hadn't been cleaned in awhile. Bedroom ceiling was full of dust bunnies from ceiling fan being run - bedroom just felt dirty. Carpet on box you use to climb onto the bed very worn and frayed. Light fixtures were missing bulbs, we finally took one from the outside to have enough light. This place would work for people with big dogs who don't care about the inside or young people on a tight budget. I read through the reviews and I read the guest book at the house - the best I can figure is that Miss Joy is a sweet lady that a lot of people have met so they don't want to say anything bad. Outside there were two 'dead' grills piled up by the fence The one in the photo is completely rusted and my husband saw one stuck up under the stairs. That was our comic relief - grill graveyard. We stayed 4 nights and that was tough. At least there were no bugs. The island was great, however. We rented bikes and hit the parks, locals were as friendly as anyplace we've been. We had a short walk to some beautiful dunes but it is too far from the water to haul gear for a day of beaching it. You would have to drive to the park to swim/sunbathe. But it is a great little island, we'll just keep looking for the right accommodation.

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Close to sand dunes ( but not swimming)
Liked least: The bed/bath rooms were dirty.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
People with pets
Management Response
8 Oct 2014
I am sorry for any problems and they will be addressed immediately. I have a policy if you are not satisfied you don't have to stay but can have a complete refund. I usually put on the e-mail, if you need anything or have any problems please let me know 251-510-8395. This guest was offered a refund. Problems should be addressed in the beginning and not after the vacation.
I am thankful for all the great reviews that people from all over the country have written in our guest book and on the website. We are happy for all the people who have enjoyed the cottage and have returned year after year. Sincerely, Joy Whatley
AnnetteS7...
Grenada, Mississippi
“Perfect”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Was a perfect cottage for a quite and peaceful getaway for my husband and I. We stayed May 31-June 3rd. Mrs Joy was so easy to work with and always was available when I had a question. We can't wait to come back and stay again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I loved everything
Liked least: No washer or dryer
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers People with pets
Jmarkle1
“Very fair price and perfect for our needs!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Joy was easy to work with, efficient and lived up to her word with the rental unit. We were very pleased with our stay and enjoyed the space! The rental was clean and provided everything we would need for our stay. Thanks for having us and we can't wait to be able to return to the Gulf Coast for another vacation.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
2peasnap0...
Augusta, Georgia
“Charming and relaxing beach house”
Reviewed 15 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband and I were looking for a relaxing getaway and found just that! This little beach house was so clean and had such nice amenities provided. You definitely get your monies worth! We are looking forward to making another stay here soon.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing